RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Observer Editorial: If we like Dr Tufton, it's for a good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer Editorial: If we like Dr Tufton, it's for a good...

If we like Dr Tufton, it's for a good reason
    THE agriculture sector has been ill served by successive governments since Independence because they have not always selected the "brightest and the best" as minister of agriculture. As a result, agriculture has been deprived of adequate public sector investment, imaginative policy and a ministry with th ...more

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/edito...reason_7803618
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

OK!

Who are our past Ministers of Agriculture? ...our 'dunce'...not so bright Ministers?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

aj nicholson heads the list for me...although i must confess dorothy lightbourne giving him a run for his money...

then there was the pipelineman ..... OMAR... to be fair omar did a lot...OF DAMAGE!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        aj nicholson heads the list for me...although i must confess dorothy lightbourne giving him a run for his money...

then there was the pipelineman ..... OMAR... to be fair omar did a lot...OF DAMAGE!!!
        Ministers of Agriculture?

For the life of me I cannot remember even one name!

Comment

oh...i think percy broderick was one, roger clarke was one...cannot remember any more

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Did Manley himself have the Min of Agri?

I remember in primary school being force-fed some films of Michael cutting cane , etc in the 70s. ?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Big up Mr. Tufton, the man a do him work. Now look fi some increase in production now that the chinese have the cane factories
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

keeble Munn and I think Horace Clarke were ministers of Agriculture.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...shame that outsiders will be teaching Jamaicans how to grow cane....

Not really impressed.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

A nuh dat them a go show we how fi grow it but we tief we own.

As mi Portland neighbour tell me, nobody nah murder you but them will tief your banana and your food.

Comment

Who is teaching Worthy Park ownah fi grow cane ??

Comment

I made a thread anout Tufton's performance. Future Prime Minister perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          A nuh dat them a go show we how fi grow it but we tief we own.

As mi Portland neighbour tell me, nobody nah murder you but them will tief your banana and your food.

Say what, when you steal my banana and my food - you're killing me slowly with your theft!
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

If he's incompetent and corrupt enuff he will qualify

Mek im prove imself fuss... yuh too previous...
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Is he incompetent or corrupted?

Or we just loosely associate everybody with corruption?

Comment

Working...
                              X