Have any forumites attended Sumfest in recent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any forumites attended Sumfest in recent

years? Whats the experience like these days in terms of band changes, crowds, time the final act finishes, etc?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

was there last year. excellent show!!! everyting bout it! final act finished in daylight and i didn't stick around but the show was well run. there might have been a lengthy band change once or twice, but nothing like back in the sunsplash day.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

labourite run it suh.. ordah innah di place..

Comment

OK cool Thanks.

6-7 am is OK, the vendors need a full night but bwoy me have Sunsplash memories of waiting until 10-11 AM Sunday morning inna the hot sun for D. Brown or Third World to take the stage. Me too old fe dat now.

I should be in JA that week, and have a yankee relative who want to see Usher. I guess I can still handle one night of bleaching.

Bwoy age is a hell of a ting. Back in the day me used to tek a minibus Friday evening from town to mobay, go Sunsplash all night, then jump pon a pack-up minibus the next morning from Mobay to Sav. Me muss did mad to rhatid, a so Sunsplash did really sweet?
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Christopher 'Dudus' Coke - file

A member of Christopher 'Dudus' Coke's potential legal team yesterday declared that the Tivoli Gardens strongman has being expressing his love for Jesus during conversations with them.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Bwoy mi use to work overnight a Rosehall and come catch headliners in the morning. I would only go two full night. Dancehall night and Saturday Night. Them deh night deh the place cork that you could go through the crowd fi go use toilet between 12-4 am.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              OK cool Thanks.

6-7 am is OK, the vendors need a full night but bwoy me have Sunsplash memories of waiting until 10-11 AM Sunday morning inna the hot sun for D. Brown or Third World to take the stage. Me too old fe dat now.

I should be in JA that week, and have a yankee relative who want to see Usher. I guess I can still handle one night of bleaching.

Bwoy age is a hell of a ting. Back in the day me used to tek a minibus Friday evening from town to mobay, go Sunsplash all night, then jump pon a pack-up minibus the next morning from Mobay to Sav. Me muss did mad to rhatid, a so Sunsplash did really sweet?

Do betta than dat bredren - it's called "age of maturity"

When is sunsplash - I get to Jamaica some time tomorrow!!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

nuh suagr court it...'im HOWL!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

sunsplash? nutten nuh name suh again, dearie!

(Note I said, dearie, not Gary!)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bwoy yuh bring back dem sweet sweet days, membah D Brown call on, Gregory, Tabby Diamonds, Maxi Priest and Lincoln 'granulated' Sugar Minott (RIP singah yuh di wicked is a shame) pan stage all di same time, ah duh Raggamuffin fi close D Brown set. Dat deh singahs night did wicked is a shame.

Comment

You memba dat. Dat was bout wha time, like 11:00 Saturday morning inna de hot MoBay sun? After a whole night of liquor and secondhand (or firsthand) ganja smoke inhaling. One year Half Pint did lock down Int'l night bout 1:00 PM Sunday AFTERNOON!!

Every year when me was a wait pon the long band change dem, me used to say, "me nah go bodda wid dis again". Den as August a come round the next year me start say, "D Brown, Steel Pulse? Third World?...you know wha,the band change dem neva so bad after all "

Comment

band change was a chance fi ketch up on some sleep pon di piece a cardboard!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

a nuh carboard at all a Reggae bed.LOL
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And you betta sleep wid one eye open. One year me nearly get trample when a fight bruk out and bout 1000 people start run in my direction, before me get up and start run over some other people.

Comment

Working...
                            X