Historian music not dead a yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian music not dead a yard

After going to my Grandma's house I saw a Drumset packed up in a room. I asked who's drumset was that and I was told a band was at the grave digging and will be at the nine night. Yes they had a three piece band and another man showed up with a guitar at the nine night.

I got to understand that this is common occurance at these place and that the bands charge between 30 grand and 50 grand Ja. The band play all night and the singer sing most religious, traditional nine night songs and some other inspirational songs. There were the lead singer but there were others who gave cameo performances.

I say this because live music is not dead in Ja and this bring back some interest in playing instruments. Local youths can put a little band together and get a little gig and along with the vibrant tourism industry it is an oppurtunity to grow your skills.

Talking about the quality voices in Ja. At my grandma wake I was blown away by the singing of a relative of mine. I have worked with a few artist and she has as much voice as any I have worked with. I will see what the future bring. The singing was very good and can be compared with any church I have been to in the south.

The talent is still there and the music schene is vibrant, not dead. If you notice I haven't mention any DJ business.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass, I am glad that you started a music thread because I was thinking about starting one from the other day but I got distracted. I was thinking about the state of reggae music today and specifically Jamaican reggae singers. It tears me up when I see foreign/American singers make millions singing our music. Truthfully, I am jealous because I don't see our home grown artiste succeeding on the international music charts. That is because of the topics that we choose or not choose to sing about.

The latest reggae hit by a foreigner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aRor905cCw
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      After going to my Grandma's house I saw a Drumset packed up in a room. I asked who's drumset was that and I was told a band was at the grave digging and will be at the nine night. Yes they had a three piece band and another man showed up with a guitar at the nine night.

I got to understand that this is common occurance at these place and that the bands charge between 30 grand and 50 grand Ja. The band play all night and the singer sing most religious, traditional nine night songs and some other inspirational songs. There were the lead singer but there were others who gave cameo performances.

I say this because live music is not dead in Ja and this bring back some interest in playing instruments. Local youths can put a little band together and get a little gig and along with the vibrant tourism industry it is an oppurtunity to grow your skills.

Talking about the quality voices in Ja. At my grandma wake I was blown away by the singing of a relative of mine. I have worked with a few artist and she has as much voice as any I have worked with. I will see what the future bring. The singing was very good and can be compared with any church I have been to in the south.

The talent is still there and the music schene is vibrant, not dead. If you notice I haven't mention any DJ business.
      So a who did a select? Stone Love?

Comment

hey is which dj did duh chune wid these lyrics "all when _ get old him supposed to look sheg up..."

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X