Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abe Dabdoub have yuh like eediat..

Comment

have me like eediat? But a nuh you seem to have some kind of fascination wid di man? I don't even see how Abe Doodoo come into this conversation between myself and Willi, yet you bring up his name......

Comment

PNP can count.

4 JLP cases vs 2 of theirs. Good business that if all cases successful, a net gain of 2 seats means 30 all. That is the calculus!

Dont forget they tried to prepare beforehand and STILL had 2 cases against them. Imagine if they didnt prepare?

Anyway, from now on, bet you they will all be sterilized before the next general election. Not that it will make a whiff of difference to the quality of governance we can expect from whoever wins...

Comment

True, but having lost the first 2 byelections, their calculus should have told them that if all future cases were successful the net gain/loss would have been 0.

I wouldn't necessarily bet that everyone of them is sterilized before the next general election (too bad they couldn't all really be sterilized) since this deal if true seems to imply that they will overlook such cases in the future, but it is a good possibility since they may suspect that the press might try to reveal who is qualified under the rules and who isn't.

I know it won't make a whiff of difference to the quality of governance from whoever wins, but that is because we would still have liars, thieves, cheats and accomplices to murder running the show. You can't expect good governance from such habitual rule-breakers even if circumstances force them to conform to most of the written laws/rules. If we want good governance we need people who would be willing to follow the constitution in letter and in spirit and who would rather go through the procedure of changing provisions in the constitutions and other laws if their are any rules/laws that they believe need updating. Personally I think the dual citizenship bar is a good thing in general (Alberto Fujimori being a perfect case study of why as I might have pointed out before; plus most of the advanced countries we wish to ape don't actually allow dual citizens into every post in government but only some). However if they (good lawmakers, not this lot) all decide it should be changed and they get the approval of the population in a referendum (though it may or may not be necessary) then there would be no problem in changing it.

Comment

Working...
          X