RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maudid, Mosiah and the crew, pay oonu taxes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maudid, Mosiah and the crew, pay oonu taxes!

DJ's Benz seized seized over unpaid taxes
    JamaicaObserver.com
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010

var addthis_pub="jamaicaobserver";

TAX authorities today seized a Mercedes Benz motorcar owned by a popular entertainer for non-payment of taxes .
    Police carried out the raid at a Hillview Crescent, Kingston premises where the entertainer owns an apartment.
    Tax authority declined to confirm how much money is owed by the artists but said operations of such nature where carried out against individuals when their accounts for non-payment of taxes were ‘chronically delinquent’.
    “I cannot say at this time but what I can disclose is that the Special Enforcement Team carried out an operation at the location and seized assets for non payment of taxes,” said Director of Communication at the Tax Administration Services Department Merris Haughton.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

i pay all my taxes, including the ridiculous need new taxes handed down to us by genius Shaw. and di mount a pothole mi drop inna fi reach a mi yaad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Elephant Man love spend money pon foolishness. Tell him sell couple of those pitbulls him have in the ugly house and pay him tax bill

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        i pay all my taxes, including the ridiculous need new taxes handed down to us by genius Shaw. and di mount a pothole mi drop inna fi reach a mi yaad!
        Stop complain! Wasn't there a promise to be pothole free by 2003?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

at least there wasn't a special tax to fix roads then. now there is! and mi axle bruk! suh dem can come fi di Escalade if dem want!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL

Inflation is a hidden tax!

Comment

and that is a constant. i seem to remember inflation coming down under a certain minister, but only people like me would remember that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Back in the pre-2003 time frame when the promise was made, what was the inflation rate then? Yuh figget interbank overnight lending rates of above 90%? Sure inflation came down, but from where to where and at what costs?

No matter how you look at it, Omar's reign was the worst thing that could happen to Jamaica. The performance was abysmal.

Fuss priority Mo is to guard yuh pocket. Omar was picking pockets and still getting praise from many people while Business was collapsing. Trinidad must love him though!
                Last edited by Willi; July 21, 2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  and that is a constant. i seem to remember inflation coming down under a certain minister, but only people like me would remember that.
                  Are you for real? Isn't there a forum rule not to post under the influence? If not Tilla need fi duh a ting.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The government finally cracking down on the entertainers. I am just hoping that they dont simply target the stage performers, but the wide plethora of so called event promoters who put on these large parties etc. These places are usually packed, expensive, and cost the country untold millions in garbage collection, police protection etc and the rest of us have to foot the bill.

Comment

What are you talking about all inclusives? I tell you bwoy when dis powder keg light, di bang ah go big.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                        The government finally cracking down on the entertainers. I am just hoping that they dont simply target the stage performers, but the wide plethora of so called event promoters who put on these large parties etc. These places are usually packed, expensive, and cost the country untold millions in garbage collection, police protection etc and the rest of us have to foot the bill.
                        Nuh worry ... Man a Yaad soon start turn up at events fi colleck.

Comment

About time. Everyone should contribute. Even the pan chicken man and jelly coconut man. Give them a tax ID #, force them to take food a simple 2 hour food handlers class, make sure their ID's are prominently displayed when they are vending, and fine them if they do not clean up after the event. The situation in the country seems to be a free-for-all. And yes people who sell to the public should be expected to properly attired. No pan chicken man without shirt and sweat dripping on the grill. About time the BS stop.

Comment

Working...
                          X