The PNP is a big joke on security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PNP is a big joke on security

AFter 18 years in office they came to opposition and choose Bunting as their security chief. I expected a plan or some ideas from him based on his successful business background and political capital.

In those 18 years murder trended up and not down. Instead of reflecting and coming up with some new ideas along with Dr. Phillips etc. All they have done is oppose the current government and say that anything they do is not a cure for crime.

Now should the PNP come with a working document on how they think crime can be solved then they can at least show why they oppose and what is a better way to fix the crime monster? That would force Golding to listen and show the type of leadership they have. Just not voting on any crime issue will not solve anything and will get them further behind.

Yes Golding may or may not fail but the PNP can't win anything acting they way the are currently on crime. They are more interested in taking on individuals than a national crime policy.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

they are more interested in OPPOSING...well they are the opposition, so

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

show me the JLP crime plan they crafted for 18 years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Read their platform. The fact that they didn't excute when they came to power doesn't mean they didn't at least have a PLAN on paper.

Now where is the plan on paper for the PNP.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Read their platform. The fact that they didn't excute when they came to power doesn't mean they didn't at least have a PLAN on paper.

Now where is the plan on paper for the PNP.

Yuh have time!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yuh serious, Sass?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

of course Mo. The PNP have no policies in place and that is something they need to have. What have been their contribution to the debate on crime? Name one.

Remember the JLP had the McMillan paper and other documents drafted. As I said for the first three years however it was a big disappointment the actions they took as it was not cohesive or good but there was still there document that they could point to.

I expect the PNP to come to parliament with plan to debate and not to look like idiots as they scramble and fail to look like a party overwhelmed.

Comment

can u ansa mi question? the jlp had 2 decades to come up with a crime plan. do they have one now?

we voted out the pnp because they didn't have one. they are no longer in charge, sass. election run!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you mixing up the plan and action. One thing with Peter Phillips in the Minister of Security is he always put plans out. The JLP either agree or disagree with some of it and point to reason why, while in opposition and yes they agreeed with some. The JLP also had their plan which proved to be nothing short of document that it is on.

The thing about a government is that they can make it up and change it as they go along and see what is effective. The opposition however have no plan and is not cohesive and as long as they do they will always come to parliament and lose on matters concerning security. If you notice how bad they looked the last two times security matter came up in parliament as they take Portia lead and make it up as they go along.

Comment

why does the opposition need a plan? unless it is about to take over the govt?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They certainly have tried to take over the government in the last two years.

They need at least some basic plan and understanding and stop wavering and doing things on the cuff. You don't just make policies when you are in government.

Comment

PNP to unveil Progressive Agenda at NEC meeting

I hope it involve some security plan

Comment

Working...
                        X