X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounty preaches change

Bounty preaches change

Published: Saturday | July 24, 2010 23 Comments and 0 Reactions

Rodney 'Bounty Killer' Pryce displays his award at the Sumfest show at Catherine Hall in Montego Bay on Thursday, which was designated Dancehall Night. The organisers of the event gave Pryce the award for his contribution to Reggae Sumfest. - Photo by adrian frater

Janet Silvera, Senior Gleaner Writer
    WESTERN BUREAU:
    CLASSIFYING 'SHOTTAS' as "waste sperm", the man tagged 'Five Star General', Rodney 'Bounty Killer' Pryce, said it was time for the Government to replace dons, commence the fight against poverty, and leave the police to carry out the job of crime fighting.
    A seemingly new and mature Pryce, in a militant and philosophical performance, surprised the thousands who turned out for Dancehall Night at Reggae Sumfest on Thursday when he openly supported the security forces and called on the Government to act now, with the state of emergency out of the way.
    State of urgency
    "We now need a 'state of urgency'," he asserted, adding that it should be geared towards correcting the ills that had been meted out to the people of Jamaica by successive governments. "Poor people fed up," he stated, making reference to his 1999 hit [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]song[/COLOR][/COLOR]

of the same name, while using his 45-minute stint to call on the other artistes at the Catherine Hall, Montego Bay, complex to collaborate in restoring peace to the country.
    The [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]DJ[/COLOR][/COLOR], dubbed 'Warlord', is known for belting out unbridled gun lyrics.
    But as he preached and taught from his pulpit - the stage - Pryce, who says he is now being managed by his mother, encouraged the people in the audience to show love by holding the hand of the person next to them. His words of encouragement were met with loud cheers. Pryce was later honoured by Summerfest Productions, organisers
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

awwwwwwww, how sweet. Kartel done him career so him tun big saint now. GAZA MI SEH!!!

Comment

Gaza, Gully, Gully, Gaza, Gully, Gaza..................

Is this what we are passing off as Jamaican culture now?
      Come on. Time for new, and more useful paradigms.

I am not surprised that Bounty Killer would make this transition. While I am not a great fan of his genre, I always maintained that he was of reasonable intelligence. It takes a modicom of intelligence to make a move like he did. Wouldn't expect that from a Movado, or Kartel.

Comment

Good news.
        I believe, considering Jamaica's continual murder fest, musicians who promote or glorify violence should be charged with incitement. Enough is enough.

Comment

well dj's and their music have no influence so ..... what's the point?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yep. It is not difficult to see what is happening. The gunmen have started to turn their guns on the same so called DJ who have been the mouthpieces for the criminals for so many years. These same DJ have been at the center at the erosion of respect for the security forces, and when you ask yourself-why have our security forces become the antithesis of the so called entertainers? You dont have to search hard to find the answers, and that is; the security forces have not allowed them to smoke a spliff in public, or they arrest thenm for boxing down their girlfriends, or they arrest and warn them for spewing their filthy lyrics on stage etc. No real good reason. Of course the level of intelligence of their followers seem to be perfect in fascilitating this spiraling, and mostly unwarranted hatred for the people who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Sometimes you have to wonder if there is any hope for the country. After all the leaders of bothe parties are simply DJ in suits and dresses.

Comment

Working...
            X