RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thieves empty gas tanks on jutc buses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thieves empty gas tanks on jutc buses...

Thieves empty gas tanks on JUTC buses at Rockfort
    Patrick Foster
    Friday, July 30, 2010

THIEVES, on Monday night, emptied petrol from approximately 32 Jamaica Urban Transport Company (JUTC) buses stationed at the Rockfort depot in East Kingston, Transport Minister Mike Henry said Wednesday.
    The transport minister said that similar break-ins and robbery at the East Kingston depot have occurred at least three to four times over the past month.

Jamaica Urban Transit Company buses parked at the company’s Rockfort depot in Kingston. (Observer file photo)

Henry, speaking at the Jamaica House post-Cabinet press briefing, said he was unable to place a figure on the total loss to JUTC but added that members of staff at the Rockfort depot were also at risk from thugs.
    "The Rockfort depot poses serious challenges," Henry remarked, adding that the JUTC CEO has voiced concerns about the safety of employees at the east Kingston depot.
    Henry told journalists that he intends to seek the assistance of the member of Parliament for the area in addressing the problem.
    However, while highlighting the Rockfort depot, Henry said that other JUTC depots also had safety concerns.
    "We have these problems on a regular basis," said Henry.
    "Depots are built in areas which offer a level of threat," he added while reminding that former JUTC head Douglas Chambers was killed just outside the company's head office in Twickenham Park, Spanish Town, two years ago.
    Meantime, Henry lauded the board of the JUTC for what he termed excellent work in the face of challenges.
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

question... where is the security at the depot... after buses were set on fire at a depot, it is disturbing to think that there isn't security cams and security guards at these bus depot... the cost of the stolen fuel is most likely more than the cost of a security system... pathetic...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Mek dis did happen 4 years ago...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i used to drive past that depot on a daily basis and i am sure i saw security over there. maybe they profited from the theft? or they don't work at nights? or they were really JC students and not security personnel? (That blue thing can fool some people some time, Don1. Relax!)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          i used to drive past that depot on a daily basis and i am sure i saw security over there. maybe they profited from the theft? or they don't work at nights? or they were really JC students and not security personnel? (That blue thing can fool some people some time, Don1. Relax!)

Spare me - is the same workers/security dem thief the gas, is not anybody from outta road!
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
          X