Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwaaan 1/3

Revenue collections above and beyond projections

The Finance Ministry Data released information on Friday indicating that the government has seen a surge in revenue collection in June, which has resulted in targets being outperformed.
    The government collected $30 billion in June, bringing total revenue collections to date to $75.5 billion.
    More importantly it has moved the government from running behind in revenues by $2 billion in May, to a position where it is outperforming revenue targets for the first three months of the fiscal year by $2.7 billion.
    Funding from grants and tax revenues have offset declines in all other revenue areas for the government.
    But more money collected did not mean spending cuts were off the cards.
    Government programmes, wages and salaries and capital expenditure bore the brunt of spending cuts.
    Aided by lower expenditure on interest on the national debt in the aftermath of the Jamaica Debt Exchange programme, the fiscal deficit has been more than 30 percent below projection.
    In fact, the figures show that government spending in June was financed totally from the $30 billion of revenues collected, which kept the fiscal deficit at the end of June unchanged from its $10 billion level in May.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Wow...

Imagine if he were 3/3.. not even Omar coulda tess him..

The 'reputations' of the detractors on this site take another slide in the mud...

I notice they have moved on to Bruce now that their favorite punching bag is making them look stupid.

Gwaan 1/3rd !

Don't stap at all..

Comment

Continue the good job Audley. Him Danville and Tufton on the right path.

Comment

Mi notice the frauds pon the forum side step dis one ... then again, whats new!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          I notice they have moved on to Bruce now that their favorite punching bag is making them look stupid.
          Nonsense! Bruce stole the spotlight with his defence of narco-criminals and lying to the nation. Nothing, despite what Daryl Baggage Vaz has to say, has been more despicable than Lyad Bruce's behaviour, since Independence and long before it!

What has 1/3 done to deserve the ire of the nation. For some, not me, he deserves some kudos. Fine, give him! But certainly, the big newsmaker for the year, unfortunately, has been that scoundrel of a Crime Minister, Bruised Lyad Gelding!

Notice how some ministers, including 1/3, has walked wide of Bruce since his lying shenanigans. Poor Andrew Holness doesn't realise he's destroying whatever political capital he had by accepting the job of coming up with excuses for Lyad Bruce.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Pity Caricom, Merica and Hingland have the opposite reaction to you..

Bruce soon get Farin Medal of Honour for Crime Fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
              Pity Caricom, Merica and Hingland have the opposite reaction to you..

Bruce soon get Farin Medal of Honour for Crime Fighting.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The good work must continue. No regressing back to the dark ages.

Comment

Working...
                X