New Reggae Nuttin A Gwaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reggae Nuttin A Gwaan

Top selling reggae songs on itunes and nuttin a gwaan fi reggae/dancehall.

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/cha...ggaesongs.html
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

according to itunes. dancehall is still huge in jamaica and that's a good thing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nuh bady naw buy music again. See Observer article as a reminder, plus nuff a the drug money wha finance riddims soon dry up.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

i'm listening to it as much as ever. couldn't care less who is buying and who isn't!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We can listen to the music all day, but the music can not grow without sales.

Comment

After listening to a lot more recent dancehall music than usual over the last 2weeks, I have to admit that there is more quality music being produced than I realised.

I hope a few more of them get some crossover success. Ot will help the industry to grow and support more artistes.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

crossover success - what does that mean? acceptance by americans?

whole heap of great dancehall music in jamaica. not sure what is reaching the rest of the world.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

For me it means having people who are not already dancehall music fans enjoying and buying your music.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

okay. no problem with that. for some, crossover also entails americanising the music a bit, to make it more appealing to american listeners. i hate that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I notice that a lot of them have a bit of a hip-hop flavor these days. Still dancehall for sure but the beats have definitely evolved, along with the Autotune effect.
                    Anyway my biggest problem right now is that I can't get that "Whats in my Cup" song out of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      I ...
                      Anyway my biggest problem right now is that I can't get that "Whats in my Cup" song out of my head.
                      You too?
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

big chune dat! hated it at first, but any thing sticks in your head like that has to be good!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As I said on this program I think that is the biggest problem with Dancehall. They adoptation of too much hip hop strip and flavor.

Our originality forced them to listen to us. We need a few more innovator in the dancehall. I also said there is a lot of good music (dancehall) been produced. Too much payola inna the business so some not even get the airtime they deserve.

I will say it again, the music is far from dead.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah there is a lot of good reggae/dancehall music on the scene, but nuff don't get adequate promotion and marketing. A few come to mind, Jah Cure & Mary J Blige - each tear, Chino feat Dean Fraser - find it hard, and Bounty Killer & Busy Signal - Sumtin A Go Gwaan just a few tunes that come to mind.

Comment

Working...
                            X