X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molloy blames Holness for failing schools

Molloy blames Holness for failing schools

2010-08-18 08:38:48 | (0 Comments)

The new Jamaica Teachers’ Association (JTA) president has criticised the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]education[/COLOR][/COLOR] minister Andrew Holness for failing to implement minimum standards at the pre and primary levels.

In delivering her inaugural address on Monday night, Molloy said Holness should take some of the blame for the so-called failing [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]schools[/COLOR][/COLOR].

According to her, enough money has not been pumped into education and many school buildings remain unsuitable for learning.

Quoting World Bank data, the JTA head said Jamaica is spending half of what its Caribbean neighbours are spending on education.

According to the data, Jamaica is spending US$314 on each student at the primary level and US$460 on a secondary level student.

This is almost two times less than the amount spent on education by other Caribbean countries.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

she nuh hear bout di CXC results? is wha do har?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

She is blaming Holness because enough money is not pumped into education?

Comment

Based on the last budget, where did education rank in the amount allocated? Obviously she didn't have anything significant to say.
        Last edited by Lazie; August 18, 2010, 01:14 PM.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          she nuh hear bout di CXC results? is wha do har?
          Yeah he cannot be given any credit for anything positive within his purview, but of course he deserves all the blame for anything that goes wrong.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

you have to take the good wid the bad and deal wid it.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The politico-business conspiracy of ignorance at werk...
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yuh nuh!

We need more of this kind of failing. LoL

Comment

is that what i am saying?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh mean Liad Bruce?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What a silly thing to say in an inaugural address.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        What a silly thing to say in an inaugural address.

She betta pray that she lasts as the JTA Pres. & that her stock don't rebel against her
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

I mean 22% annual increases in the absolute number of students passing the core subjects!!

Comment

Dat miu ah seh too.

Comment

Working...
                            X