RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the Horticultural Society of Jamaica doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the Horticultural Society of Jamaica doing?

Early this spring, I bought about fifteen-- 6" Lantana plants for $6.00 a piece from Home Depot.

During my recent visit, I notice that Lantanas grow wild in Jamaica (in all its cultivars).

I am sure this is true for lots of other types of ornamental plants.

Does Jamaica still exports plants?

Last edited by HL; August 18, 2010, 06:17 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Ask the Custos of St. Andrew - Marigold Harding. She is an active horticulturist.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

her name says it all.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Jamaican Horticultural Society is in good hands.....

Thanks.. MdmeX!!!

Porticuralist Marigold Harding recently participated on a panel of three international judges at the annual flower show in Shenyang, China. From China she selected this Chang San which she wore on the occasion of the Chinese National Day celebrations. The signature red dress is embridered with gold. - Contributed
        Marigold Harding has become the first from the Caribbean to be invited to sit on the board of National Garden Club Inc. U.S.A. Marigold is a master flower show judge, the first Jamaican to attain that status. There are now 10 master flower show judges in Jamaica. Harding is also a member of the [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Florida[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Federation of Garden Clubs, Royal Horti-cultural Society, [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Jamaica[/COLOR][/COLOR] Horti-cultural Society, and has won many awards locally and inter-nationally. She has represented Jamaica several times at the prestigious Chelsea Flower Show in London, Florallies of Ghent in Belgium and in the U.S.A. Most recently she was invited to judge at the Horticultural Exposition in Shenyang, China.

HL

Comment

There's also Ann Ramsey and Keith Goldson.
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Just think lots of opportunities exists in Jamaica. Many systems need to be maximized.

HL

Comment

Working...
            X