Employment increase in April quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment increase in April quarter

There are more signs this morning that the Jamaican economy is recovering.

Data released by the Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN) show that there was a marginal increase in the employment levels in the April quarter.

STATIN says employment went up by 3,700 in April, when compared with the January figures.

Between January and April this year, unemployment fell by 15,800 or 9.3 per cent.

By the end of the April quarter, the employment rate stood at 87.6 per cent in comparison to 86.5 per cent in January.

The president of the Jamaica Employers’ Federation, Wayne Chen, said barring any major shock he expects the positive trends in the labour market to continue.

Chen said he is encouraged by the improved performance of Jamaican students in the recent CSEC and CAPE exams as many of them prepare to enter the labour force.

http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=21889
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Mine you make Mo and Don1 see this.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Mine you make Mo and Don1 see this.
      Yuh a worry bout dem?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X