The Truth about economic growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True,depends on the project.

More often me use dem fe non-technical tings like transcription from an audio recording, one time me did have a logo fe design, tings like dat. Its an option to consider once its a project that involves digital content.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

tru ting king..
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

alright then. I was waiting for a return call.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          there is a big difference between hotel boom which has happen over the last 20 years and tourism boom. In the 1980 because of the politics tourism became a trickle. Between 1980 and 1988 it moved to 2 million. Since 1988 to now we are having only 3 million visitors. You can check that in % growth by any means. Yes there is still growth in the sector but not as much.

Karl do you realise id more people are working the government collect more taxes? If more businesses are open the government collect more taxes and thus can better help schools, hospitals etc. With economic growth the government are better able to set a wider safety net, without that we are living on borrowed time.

Look at America presently, we are having 2% growth and look at the unemployment but hope is that over time not only the bigger companies will make the money but they will be spending more and employing more people.

There was only about 2.5 year growth under Seaga and that is no growth to spread to majority of the people. China have growth over 30 years and still can't spread it to majority of its people and they are communist country. Growth will be spread uneven as so too the lack of growth.

With the lack of growth for tha last 18 years you think we are better off for it??
          The point is simple Sass...we are were are as a result of the leadership we had - PNP, JLP...public sector, private sector....but the political bosses should have set the pace and tone.

Di ole a dem preform poorly...that boast about the great growth during the Seaga years is hog wash!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

there is no doubt about the poor performance but there is a difference between 3 percent growth and -1 negitive growth right? One mean economic activity improving and one mean it is contracting regardless of who is leading.

Anyday any of the parties consistently get 5% growth on a yearly basis I will register to vote and even campaign with them. PNP or JLP.
            Last edited by Assasin; August 22, 2010, 05:31 PM.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X