• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins, aged nine, score A-grade in maths A level

Twins, aged nine, score A-grade in maths A level

0 Comments

CELEBRATING: Paula and Peter Imafidon
    TWO EAST London brain-boxes from a family of 'wonder-children' have smashed world records at just nine years old to become the youngest candidates to achieve A grades in A-level maths.

Paula and Peter Imafidon, from Waltham Forest scored high in the testing exams normally sat by the smartest 18 year-olds.

After receiving his marks, Peter expressed disappointment at missing out on an A* - the highest grade. He said: "I scored full marks during the practice exams. I guess it’s the last few questions that let me down."

Paula said: "I am very happy with the grade because I thought my calculator was broken at the beginning of the paper.

"I managed to use my head until it started working again.” She aims to become a maths teacher, while her brother has set his sights on taking up in Number 10 as Prime Minister.

Chris Imafidon, their father, praised their achievements: “We’re delighted with the progress they have made,” he said. “Because they are twins they are always able to help and support each other.”

The results are nothing new to the Imafidon family. Peter and Paula’s sister Samantha, 12, passed her maths and statistics GSCEs at the age of 6, while their eldest sister, Anne-Marie, 20, holds the world record as the youngest girl to pass A-level computing, at 13. Another sister, Christiana, 17, was just 11 when she became the youngest schoolgirl to study at undergraduate level in a British university.

Mr Imafidon said that all of the children had taken part in the Excellence in Education programme, which helps disadvantaged families, and their achievements were due to their nurturing environment.
    He said: “Every child is a genius. Once you identify the talent of a child and put them in the environment that will nurture that talent then the sky is the limit."

A wonder if a Miss London Kids???
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

and unnu doan want Ms. Skeen to plan Xavier career. Low har!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He said: “Every child is a genius. Once you identify the talent of a child and put them in the environment that will nurture that talent then the sky is the limit."

Comment

OK Mo...point taken.....a wonder if him know 2 plus 2?

Comment

Working...
        X