RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We" revel in the strides and success of others....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We" revel in the strides and success of others....

...but what about "our" strides and successes...?

A few of us appear to relish the idea that China is outdoing the US................
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Stay deh a Africa next. Maybe we can rekindle the Back to Africa movement and see if them want Babylonians and Babylonian educated Blacks.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Who was it....? Sizzla(sp?)-- I read, got the opportunity to invest in Zimbabwe. This country has some of the richest soil on the planet. Why yuh tink other people own 80% of Zimbabwes' arable lands!!??

Contrast the political, economic and crime statistic of Jamaica with Zimbabwe. Yet some outsiders still find it attractive to invest...(relieving the 'natives' of their birth right).

In the 90's I was given the opportunity to invest in Gambia. This was offered to me by the Ambassador to US from Gambia. (Remind me to tell you the rest of the story).

There are lots of Black Americans who have invested in Ghana....

Africa is looking for us to take the initiative. instead "we" find unlimited xcuses.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        Who was it....? Sizzla(sp?)-- I read, got the opportunity to invest in Zimbabwe. This country has some of the richest soil on the planet. Why yuh tink other people own 80% of Zimbabwes' arable lands!!??

Contrast the political, economic and crime statistic of Jamaica with Zimbabwe. Yet some outsiders still find it attractive to invest...(relieving the 'natives' of their birth right).

In the 90's I was given the opportunity to invest in Gambia. This was offered to me by the Ambassador to US from Gambia. (Remind me to tell you the rest of the story).

There are lots of Black Americans who have invested in Ghana....

Africa is looking for us to take the initiative. instead "we" find unlimited xcuses.
        mmmm?
        Just asking!
        ...Africa is looking for us...

Did you take the opportunity offered in Gambia?
        ...and if you wondered, so far I have not invested in any African country! ...and currently have no such plans.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not to worry king Karl...the Chiney them will (and have),,,and "we" will revel with delight in their investments...on this forum......

A part of my long term business plan is to take advantage of the resources in the motherland.

HL

Comment

There are a lot of opportunities opening up in Africa.

About 2 years ago I met a black American doctor who was doing quite a bit of investments in West Africa. He said the ROI is extremely high, but you have to have a local partner to get around all the corruption, red tape, etc that you have to deal with.

I also have a Nigerian friend that I met while we were students at UWI, and who had been living in Jamaica since then, married a JA girl and all that. Just this year he decided it was time to move back home and start a business.

Bob Johnson who started BET and is majority owner in the Charlotte Bobcats has made some big investments in Liberia. He basically paid off all the people to move out of town and built a resort .

You can check it out at: http://www.rljkendejaresort.com/

Make no mistake,though, most of Africa is still very volatile and so investing there is quite risky. You have to know your way around or have someone who does.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I know someone who is a black millionaire...dealing in coffee from Kenya.

Compare the volatility of most African countries with Jamaica...yet the chiney dem are investing.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                ...but what about "our" strides and successes...?

A few of us appear to relish the idea that China is outdoing the US................
                care to reveal those who revel? i haven't noticed any celebration...only trend analysis & projections therefrom

as to "our" strides....there are always multiple opportunities out there to participate in that... no need to wait as we're so far behind others & falling further behind every day...yes?
                Last edited by Don1; October 30, 2010, 09:56 AM.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

lol..

We need a Soapberry for the site.. yuh really piling it high...

Comment

one man cyan post suh much fooliniss all by imself? But practice makes perfect..LoL!

man fi fool ...but nuh suh
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                    X