X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thwaites raises concern over INDECOM salary package

Thwaites raises concern over INDECOM salary package

Published: Thursday | November 18, 2010

Member of Parliament Ronald Thwaites on Tuesday described the structure of salaries and emoluments of the Independent Commission of Investigations as a move to circumvent the tax system.

He said while he did not begrudge the commissioners for their pay packages, the complex breakdown was indicative of an effort to prevent them from paying taxes.

In a response to the resolution that was made by Prime Minister Bruce Golding, Thwaites argued that a simple salary package would have sufficed.

The commissioners rake in a salary of $5.7 million; housing allowance of $2 million, plus an entertainment allowance of $85,000; library allowance, $204,000; leave passage allowance, $400,000; security allowance, $21,000; and motor-vehicle allowance, $796,000.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Ask Ronnie bout di post office money! Hehehe

Comment

him and daniel ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what bout the coffee?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What is the parable - thief nuh like fi see thief carry long bag
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            ...and would that a lie make of what Ronnie is outlining?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              ...and would that a lie make of what Ronnie is outlining?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

it's about ... follow me carefully ......C.R.E.D.I.B.I.L.T.Y. ... basically a similar issue which bruce has.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  it's about ... follow me carefully ......C.R.E.D.I.B.I.L.T.Y. ... basically a similar issue which bruce has.
                  The use of resources is also about the survival and ability to develop full potential of each Jamaican and of Jamaica the country.

The C.R.E.D.I.B.I.L.T.Y. of Golding or Thwaites or any of the terrible lot who sit in our parliament is, when put beside the needs of the individual citizen and the country as a whole, pales on comparison.

Comment

Bruce doing ahright.. wuss case him lose 1 but gain 3..

Him have di ting seal up.

MH, CT, DV, AS.. maybe even JR.. mek wi si.. eiddah way him setup noice fi di home stretch..

Comment

by way of example a thief who bawl out "thief" before anybody else has only done his civic duty and ought to be commended?

a thief has motivation for calling someone else a thief...first and foremost it puts the other person on the defensive....take omar's criticism of audley doesn't it ring hollow to you? given how shaw is performing and how omar performed?

Comment

are you serious? are these not facts that have been reported by Thwaites? are we to be more worried about his motivation or his own credibility when the facts are there for all to see?

strange!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Read what Gamma said again.

Facts yes, but consider trhe source and the motivation...otherwise tief does prosper!

Comment

i think you are usually amongst the first the fling around the word HYPOCRITE and i will say no more save to say let someone else carry that message.

Comment

because i don't want to slew the messenger?! I'll wear that badge proudly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X