Plea bargaining one step closer to becoming a reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plea bargaining one step closer to becoming a reality

Parliament has approved adjustments to the law which will now accommodate plea bargaining in relation to criminal offences which attract mandatory prison terms.
    Prime Minister Bruce Golding piloted amendments to the Plea Bargaining Legislation during Tuesday's sitting of the House of Representatives.
    Earlier this year, during the passage of the six crime bills, law makers expressed concern that the Government would face serious hurdles in enforcing the mandatory sentences while entertaining plea negotiations for certain offences including breaches of the Firearms. On Tuesday, Mr. Golding stated that the administration followed legal advice to change the provisions of the Plea Bargaining law.
    "We were advised that this was where it ought to be placed because this would only apply to cases involving plea bargaining. In relation to those offences for which we had imposed through legislation, mandatory sentences, by virtue of this amendment, the judge would, be empowered to grant a lesser sentence (or) accept a proposal for a lesser sentence on the basis that it is done pursuant to a plea bargain agreement," Mr. Golding told Gordon House.

http://rjrnewsonline.com/news/parlia...coming-reality
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

but hold on.. is nuff change a gwaan.. is wheh Rudi ah yap bout ?

ah waan feel seh Rudi ah one comrade enuh.. !

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      but hold on.. is nuff change a gwaan.. is wheh Rudi ah yap bout ?

ah waan feel seh Rudi ah one comrade enuh.. !
      Feel? Duh a search of All Rudi's post then you'll see. The only change ppl hoping for is a change back to their beloved PNP.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

is the JLP beloved by either of you?

Comment

LOL Lazie do a search yes. Talk about a diversionary tactic. If the PNP is returned to power it will be because of the head in the sand mentality of followers like you. Clean up the crime syndicate and do it quickly if you can then at least you will a hope. Like I said if the PNP wins thanks a lot JLP cause it will be their fault and no one elses. I have to wonder with your blind defense of fockery if you aren't a mole secretly working for the PNP. Careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
            LOL Lazie do a search yes. Talk about a diversionary tactic. If the PNP is returned to power it will be because of the head in the sand mentality of followers like you. Clean up the crime syndicate and do it quickly if you can then at least you will a hope. Like I said if the PNP wins thanks a lot JLP cause it will be their fault and no one elses. I have to wonder with your blind defense of fockery if you aren't a mole secretly working for the PNP. Careful.
            You continously argue from a point of ignorance Rudi ... thats what happens when one quick to follow the crowd.

Comment

OK Mr Letterhead I will defer to your up to date knowledge of the situation. You guys carry on same way. It's the PNP fault. Crazy.

Comment

snicker

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Long coming. I do thank the current government for pushing some important legislation through

Comment

Working...
                  X