Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up strategies needed to continue reduction in crime –

Follow up strategies needed to continue reduction in crime – Bunting

The Opposition is cautioning persons about taking too much comfort in the recently published statistics which show that there was a reduction in all major crimes during 2010.
    Peter Bunting, Spokesman on National Security, notes that while the drop is commendable, it is now time for follow up strategies.
    Mr. Bunting argues that if this is not done, other criminals will replace those who are captured, and start the cycle again.
    "Over time, that effect by itself will eventually dissipate, (criminal) organizations will regroup (and) if not the same replacement organizations can move in to fill that vacuum," he said.
    Based on crime data released by the Jamaica Constabulary Force on Thursday, there was a 15% reduction in murders for 2010 when compared to 2009.
    Major crimes were down by 7%.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Is there a pact within the PNP for all spokesperson to say something in the first week of Jan? First reduction in major crimes in 11 years, why Bunting think he should be heard. Him need fi chill, him soon get him chance fi fock up things again.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh experience di Revelation ar wha...dis sounds like a prediction...dire & unfavourable yes...but still a prediction of the near future..be afraid Jamaica....be very afraid..... LOL!
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Yuh experience di Revelation ar wha...dis sounds like a prediction...dire & unfavourable yes...but still a prediction of the near future..be afraid Jamaica....be very afraid..... LOL!
        ... suh nuh the trend? Gov'ts in JA that do anything is quickly removed from office, while those that keep the country down is rewarded for their failure.

Comment

Recession will be long over by the time next helection call...

Man ah guh be drinking Milk dem time deh... Labourites safe !

Not even a Hurricane Gilbert can save di PNP... Dual-Gate, Dudus-Gate, Recession-Gate, Mannat-Gate... no pain.. no gain...

Comment

What was the impact of the SOE on the reduction in crime... stating a reduction for the year doesn't really excite me (though in absolute terms I'm happy). I'd like to see a month over month comparison of figures... in other words, did the drop that coincided with (and obviously resulted from) the SOE, account for the 15% drop in murders? has the drop maintained since the SOE? or are figures "rebounding"?
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              What was the impact of the SOE on the reduction in crime... stating a reduction for the year doesn't really excite me (though in absolute terms I'm happy). I'd like to see a month over month comparison of figures... in other words, did the drop that coincided with (and obviously resulted from) the SOE, account for the 15% drop in murders? has the drop maintained since the SOE? or are figures "rebounding"?
              Every month there has been a reduction in murders, long after the SoE was allowed to expire.

Comment

I see ...JLP govts are the Heroes ....Jamaican People are the Goats

A picture of the world thru green tinted lenses... LOL!

Sorry fi yuh heroes boss

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                  Recession will be long over by the time next helection call...

Man ah guh be drinking Milk dem time deh... Labourites safe !

Not even a Hurricane Gilbert can save di PNP... Dual-Gate, Dudus-Gate, Recession-Gate, Mannat-Gate... no pain.. no gain...

Wi nice!! Showa!!

Comment

I see ...JLP govts are the Heroes ....Jamaican People are the Goats

A picture of the world thru green tinted lenses... LOL!

Sorry fi yuh heroes boss
                    Come on now Don1 .... you're the one who said hero ... not me. Doesn't change the facts though, in Jamaica failure is rewarded. How else can anyone explain PJ being PM for so long?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      Every month there has been a reduction in murders, long after the SoE was allowed to expire.
                      Your tribal heroes were FORCED by overwhelming local and international pressure and under the threat of removal of One Liad to ALLOW the security forces to take down TIVOLI GARDENS- THE JLP BUILT & PROTECTED CRIMINAL NERVE CENTER.... Jamaica's principal criminal nexus.

....that happened ONLY after MONTHS of stalling, lying in and out of parliament, local and international lobbying for the criminal, international condemnation and embarrassment AND the unnecessary loss of many innocent lives...etc etc etc

No need to wonder why the regime is regarded with suspicion and loathing in many quarters and has low poll numbers even in relation to the ineffective, corrupt, visionless, leaderless PNP .. BUT

Congrats for the Crime Reduction! Nice one! LoL!
                      Last edited by Don1; January 7, 2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Your tribal heroes were FORCED by overwhelming local and international pressure and under the threat of removal of One Liad to ALLOW the security forces to take down TIVOLI GARDENS- THE JLP BUILT CRIMINAL NERVE CENTER....

....that happened ONLY after MONTHS of stalling, lying in and out of parliament, local and international lobbying for the criminal, international condemnation and embarrassment AND the unnecessary loss of many innocent lives...etc etc etc

No need to wonder why the regime is regarded with suspicion and loathing in many quarters and has low poll numbers even in relation to the ineffective, corrupt, visionless, leaderless PNP .. BUT

Congrats for the Crime Reduction! Nice one! LoL!
                        "suspicion and loathing in many quarters and has low poll numbers"

Thats what happens because unuh allowed incompetence to reign for so long and is still pushing, hoping and praying to return said incompetence to office.

Comment

"unuh"?? who is di unnu??

I haven't voted in Jamaica for quite a while..

But as I said from the beginning on this forum (to much criticism from tribalists like you) this regime will be a failure...I just didn't know the level of corruption & incompetence within it and how quickly they would flop...juss 2+ years!!... quite spectacular!!

Jamaica caught between JLP Criminal Corruption and PNP Irrational Incompetence...pathetic

Comment

"unuh"?? who is di unnu??

I haven't voted in Jamaica for quite a while..

But as I said from the beginning on this forum (to much criticism from tribalists like you) this regime will be a failure...I just didn't know the level of corruption & incompetence within it and how quickly they would flop...juss 2+ years!!... quite spectacular!!

Jamaica caught between JLP Criminal Corruption and PNP Irrational Incompetence...pathetic
                            "I haven't voted in Jamaica for quite a while"

Yeah, many other comrades round here try to hide behind that. Defending the almshouse makes one just as guilty.

Comment

My voting is not an issue...but a distraction

The issue is a corrupt government to which only the naive or sycophants credit with crime reduction....a regime seemingly infected with criminal minded operatives whose activities are slowly being brought to light.

New & Improved indeed... corruption that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X