• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I am done with JPS' — Bennett

'I am done with JPS' — Bennett

Senator Hyacinth Bennett gets second shocker, turns to solar

BY KIMONE THOMPSON Features Editor — Sunday thompsonk@jamaicaobserver.com
    Sunday, August 07, 2011

SHOCKED by an even higher light bill than the "exorbitant" one she complained bitterly about in Parliament last month, Government Senator Hyacinth Bennett says she has had it with the monopoly light and power company, the Jamaica Public Service (JPS).

Bennett said this month's total of $90,129.53 — due August 12 — was almost $10,000 more than each of the amounts billed for May and June. The current figure is for one month's usage from June 25 to July 26 and was generated from an actual reading, with the only balance brought forward being $0.03.

BENNETT... it is frightening. It is oppressive. It is burdensome. It is predatory
    1/2
    She vowed to switch off her relationship with the utility company in favour of solar energy.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1ULw8CiQ1

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Aaah Hyacinth. That's the solution for Jamaica? Just switch to solar?

This is a senator talking! I guess it's no different when they run off to Miami for medical treatment because dem cyaan bodda wid local doctors and hospitals.

Hyacinth, bouncy-haired, V05-conditioned, Hyacinth, 99% of Jamaica can't just kick JPS to the curb as you can.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

JPS, Another monster created by the PNP during the 'glory years'..

now man ah cuss Senator frustration..

lol ! mi haffi laugh..

Comment

So we ongle tek note of JPS when someone of influence complains?
        Wha mek yuh never post Gaza's commentary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR0HE5Dapr0
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Jamaica cost of electricity is a result of the failure of the PNP to develop the industrial and economic base of the country.. JPS and the phantom 'monopoly problem' is now the scapegoat of Paulwell and Omar..

This will fly over the heads of those not equipped to apply Critical Thinking..

New lick: "It is expensive to be poor"

Comment

Why, sorry, but I am not following Vybz on Twitter. But thanks for that video!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is good she and the Minister of Energy are voicing their concerns.Usually voters complain about corporate plutocracy (Jakan voters marginalised because of companies,invariably can't vote,owned by their fellow Jakans)but the dynamics are unique in Ja.Voters are left to fend for themselves against avaricious foreign companies.
              There is no protection for Jakan consumers and workers.AJ,JPS,agriculture...
              I think the PNP missed the point when they are fixated on the JLP losing the IMF test, they in lieu should focus on the stifling stipulations regarding those loans.

Comment

Stifling stipulations ?

What is more stifling than high interest rate loans ?

We must really do better.. is not a joke anymore.. not all of us guh 'good school' but wi guh school none the less..

Comment

Somebody a go gi we the loan and you either going take the medicine your self or somebody a go give you IV treatment.

You see the US a deal with the same gripping problem? The Alternative is not to borrow as much in the first place and grow your GDP.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The reason the JLP(likely its members attended good school)failed the IMF test has to do with the results of the collective bargaining between public workers and itself.It was impractical to agree to the stipulation..
                    The proposal to privatize civil servants jobs is yet another assault on unions,consistent with the agenda of the IMF.

Comment

Jamaica failed the IMF test ??

Please provide the link.

Thanks in advance.

Name a country which is not rationalizing its Public Sector as a result of the recession..

Comment

Perhaps we should advocate placing the IMF on the ballots for election seeing its tremendous influence on the policies of Govt.

Comment

Look,the JLP and the unions have an agreement,this is in contrast to the stipulations of the IMF.
                          The transition of civil jobs to private remains lip service,do you have any evidence it is really being pursued?
                          Lack of the typical quarterly reports suggest something is amiss,surely a passing grade would not be the reason.

Comment

yes.. just like AJ, Sugar Industry, JDX, Tivaarli invasion, JDIP, Rail Service,Agriculture.. etc are lip service..

Tufton BPO Near-shore push is lip service tuh.. Casserley just bored..

Is Brown Man Time.. yuh nevah get di memo ?

Comment

why should we? It is choice to go to the IMF right???? We have some really intelligent leaders who have been leading us who the people vote for and where has it gotten us?

Maybe we should put economic growth been compulsary in our constitution. Is our failure the IMF or our leaders and advisors?
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X