Please, Mr Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, Mr Officer

his fruit vendor tries in vain to resist attempts by these police officers to restrain him after he was found selling illegally in Half-Way-Tree square, St Andrew, on Saturday. A huge crowd gathered as the vendor clung to his handcart laden with goods. Ignoring bystanders' pleas for leniency, the officers persisted, eventually restraining him. He was detained and his goods seized.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...FICER_10161153

I am sure most of the vendors would rather find work instead of vending.....

Jamaica has an overflow of higglers. Most being next to each other--selling the same things. It's also an eye-sore to those not used to it.

What's up with the IMF money and other loans --Jamaica CONSTANTLY borrow? Job creation (cheap-labor incl.) is a no-brainer in growing and developing Jamaica.

The irony is that i have to support the police officers. Rules and law MUST be maintained.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Police always treat the underclass poorly. Why dem never issue an arrest warrant for Mr. Vaz for non payment of taxes?
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mek Vaz try sell some coconut innah half-way-tree juss suh... two-twos him get handcuff !

Comment

find work instead of vending.

Comment

...yes
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

All miggle class get treated badly...ah weh yuh deh.

Leff or write!

Comment

I ongle hope them can produce the man's goods, when the case call up in court. I have a feeling the damn crazen, thiefing police drink off all the coconut already!
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                X