19 member cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports looks like an after thought...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Ohene For....?

Then we will have to make Ohene either the new JFF President (as Mosiah suggested), or Minister Of Tittie Bars.

Comment

Who is in charge of the Electric Bill?

Comment

Dem hangle Julian ruff.
          Not even a likkle Min w/o Portfolio?

Sports get leff.

Comment

Lots of bribe eh?

Comment

Lloyd B nuh get nutten. DK ah backbencher?
              Andre Hylton?
              Peart?

Dabdoub aggo get a senate seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

Sports get leff.
                2 ladies + the PM - Lisa Hanna and Natalie Neita-Headley ...and trus mi Sistah P providing oversight!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

he would have to fight the previous PM for that
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

PM defends Cabinet size

PM defends Cabinet size Published: Friday January 6, 2012 | 6:48 pm

Daraine Luton, Senior Staff Reporter

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller has defended the size of her executive, which comprises 19 Cabinet ministers and eight junior ministers.

"I have added some young persons so that they can begin to understudy the seniors. What I am trying to do now is succession planning," Simpson Miller said.

Including Simpson Miller, the size of the executive is 28 members.

Simpson Miller was critical of former Prime Minister Bruce Golding for having appointed and maintained a 31-member executive.

It was made up of Golding, a deputy prime minister, 16 cabinet ministers, 11 junior ministers and two parliamentary secretaries.

Today, Simpson Miller told journalists that this is a different kind of Cabinet.

"I am dealing with succession planning. And, if you check my size and the number of people that won elections for the People's National Party, it is quite different from Mr Golding's," she said.

The PNP won 42 seats in the House of Representatives to the Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) 21 seats.

In 2007, Golding's JLP won 32 seats to the People's National Party's 28 in the then 60-seat House.

daraine.luton@gleanerjm.com

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=34385
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

She totally screwed it!

And then she talk about succession planning and all sorts of stuff, as if the PNP has every plan to be there for another 18 years! And this nonsense about value for money. Is she going to now going to give the ministers Corollas to drive? Are the going to have to use a basic Nokia phone instead of a BB?

There is no justification for such a big cabinet, especially having been so vocal when she was in opposition.

And all the chatter about warning the ministers to do a good job and avoid corruption, let's see what she does when the first scandal raises its ugly head.

Not a good start at all by Portia.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I seriously never get the furor over the size of our cabinet. A 20 member cabinet seems just about right for a country our size, especially compared to rest of the Caribbean.

The PM's hypocrisy is much more the issue here rather than the size of cabinet as for as i'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                          I seriously never get the furor over the size of our cabinet. A 20 member cabinet seems just about right for a country our size, especially compared to rest of the Caribbean.

The PM's hypocrisy is much more the issue here rather than the size of cabinet as for as i'm concerned.
                          Truth is the PNP may be just getting it that progress must be on multiple fronts...thus need for administrators and entities to accomplish same with the robust vigor needed.

Comment

why are they just getting it ?

Comment

Sensible post boss.

Comment

Working...
                              X