Cartoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartoon

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Editorial Cartoon</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=410 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description></SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

RE: Cartoon

Hope when Karl see this cartoon him will understand the other one. Damn ... some a wi slow.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Is this for real, andBMWs for gov't officials? If this is indeed true, they have no conscience.(tdown)
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well, I need confirmation as I heard that the BMWs were bought for CWC officials.Progress has a price. Whey Balla deh?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh sounding like Karl now... playing dumb... mi hope is tongue-in-cheek.

So Many Questions, So Few Answers

Once again folks, you must forgive us for being a bit, ummm, what’s the word? Suspicious - that some side deals have already been cut by the government to somehow have a few of these BMWs paid for on the public pocket.

We learned from an article in The Nation News (link here) that the BMWs are being provided by BWM “free of charge for 120 days” and that the government is negotiating a “soft entry” (read little or no duty). According to the same article, one of the options being considered is that “government will have the first option to purchase the vehicles after the World Cup” at “factory prices” (Whatever “factory prices” means. What does that mean exactly? Maybe I’m stupid and I’m the only one who thinks that could mean just about anything?)

And which government persons (or their family members heh, heh, heh) will end up with a BMW?

And that is BARBADOS.. wuss what plans dem have fi dem in Jamaica..oh wait.. mi figget, we put poor people fuss..

Comment

Damn! Now I see it in writing. Thanks fi point out this to me.

I'd really love to hear from some of the defenders on this. Or is it everybody gone into hiding now? Karl ... Balla ... Jawge ... Sickko? Whey unuh deh?

Comment

<DIV>Re the BMW's (which I have seen in all their glory at the Stewart lot), if the Haiti govt. was going to give their people these cars we would have said what fools. But Jamaica is nothing like Haiti, and according to Karl, we can't have our ministers driving around in Corollas.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I am just hoping that we think is about to happen is not exactly going to happen. Maybe the cars are a gift from BMW. No?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If I remember correctly from what I read in the papers, after the CWC the government will purchase the cars to replace the current 10 year old Volos that are being used to transport diplomats. The BMW will be assigned to the diplomat corp in the Min. Of Foreign Affairs. Those that are not bought by the government will be sold to private individuals.

Comment

<DIV>
                  DiGlor (2/27/2007)Those that are not bought by the government will be sold to private individuals.
                  </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>That should mean all will be sold to private individuals.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

DiGlor (2/27/2007) Those that are not bought by the government will be sold to private individuals.
                    Nobody is buying that lie (oops, I meant line) hook, line and sinka(Tant)
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

What if it is the truth, I would think that the PNP would be a fool to go out and bye these expensive cars for their personal/business use and suffer the wrath of criticism and accusations that will hurt them come election. Still if the JLP wins the election at least they can look to the comfort of driving in a criss 2007 Bimma owned by the various ministries.

Comment

DiGlor (2/27/2007)What if it is the truth, I would think that the PNP would be a fool to go out and bye these expensive cars for their personal/business use and suffer the wrath of criticism and accusations that will hurt them come election. Still if the JLP wins the election at least they can look to the comfort of driving in a criss 2007 Bimma owned by the various ministries.
                        Hehehehe! DiGlor, are you serious? Did you see Karl's attempted excuse earlier?

Accusations ... wrath? Minister of Education Maxine Henry Wilson once said, "These scandals will not adversely affect the People's national Party."Did you see how the religious fanatics made excuses for Trafiguria? Cho ... lets be serious ... shall we?:P

Comment

Working...
                        X