More on the Fiesta Hotel at Point, Hanover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on the Fiesta Hotel at Point, Hanover

<DIV>Just saw the report on TVJ. These workers all need to be fired. The management wants them to report to work by 7:30 am. One man was on TV talking about di workers dem coming from all bout, Westmoreland and Montego Bay, as if management should give a damn.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If they don't get there by 7:30 the gate is locked. Additionally, people cannot leave the property to go get a breakfast outside the gate, seeing dat dem haffi leave dem house so early. This man was complaining that their bags are searched when they get there. They are expected to remain on the property until 5:00 pm or whatever time it is that work is over. Di man say a nuh prison him deh.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Seems like is prison some of dem need fi go.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dem need fi work at my workplace. At the construction site where I work, Homeland Security would love to be so thorough. Background checks are performed on all prospective workers, police records and all. Pictures are taken and ID's made for the successful workers. All workers pass thru 2 security gates, complete with armed security guards. The 2nd gate is equipped with a security gatethe kindyou would see in an airport and the ID is used to swipe one's way thru the turnstiles. All bags are searched and everyone is expected to remain there until closing time, whenever that might be depending on the contractor. JDF soldiers are there on a daily basis and police do their rounds from time to time. And up to this morning we were discussing how to tighten up on our security! Cyaan wait fi di x-ray machine dem come! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So is what those people in Hanover hear out?!? I do hope that the management team examines video footage of the riot and ban (for 2 years or more ) all the workers, really thugs, who took part. The rioting workers have simply proven why it is that so much security is necessary on construction sites these days.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>There is some story about someone being shot. I will wait for those details before I comment, because the man who talking about that was the same fool who thinks it's okay to stroll in at any time just because one is travelling from far.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Time nowfi people understand two things - 1) people can't tek chances with the idiots out there. Construction sites are dangerous places and people have to do what they have to do to protect themselves and their investments, and 2) Jamaicans have to begin shedding the work ethic that has got us no where. If work starts at 4:30 am you do everything to get there on time, regardless where from where yuh might be travelling. And if yuh have a problem with it, then go back to your ganja farm!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And why is it that yuh can have a riot like this and no one is arrested? Joke bizniz!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: More on the Fiesta Hotel at Point, Hanover

Thanks for that insightful report Mo. Maybe that man need to get a farm work ticket and go to a farin country and him will understand what it means to get to work ON TIME.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mosiah (2/27/2007)<DIV>Just saw the report on TVJ. These workers all need to be fired. The management wants them to report to work by 7:30 am. One man was on TV talking about di workers dem coming from all bout, Westmoreland and Montego Bay, as if management should give a damn.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If they don't get there by 7:30 the gate is locked. Additionally, people cannot leave the property to go get a breakfast outside the gate, seeing dat dem haffi leave dem house so early. This man was complaining that their bags are searched when they get there. They are expected to remain on the property until 5:00 pm or whatever time it is that work is over. Di man say a nuh prison him deh.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Seems like is prison some of dem need fi go.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dem need fi work at my workplace. At the construction site where I work, Homeland Security would love to be so thorough. Background checks are performed on all prospective workers, police records and all. Pictures are taken and ID's made for the successful workers. All workers pass thru 2 security gates, complete with armed security guards. The 2nd gate is equipped with a security gatethe kindyou would see in an airport and the ID is used to swipe one's way thru the turnstiles. All bags are searched and everyone is expected to remain there until closing time, whenever that might be depending on the contractor. JDF soldiers are there on a daily basis and police do their rounds from time to time. And up to this morning we were discussing how to tighten up on our security! Cyaan wait fi di x-ray machine dem come! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So is what those people in Hanover hear out?!? I do hope that the management team examines video footage of the riot and ban (for 2 years or more ) all the workers, really thugs, who took part. The rioting workers have simply proven why it is that so much security is necessary on construction sites these days.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>There is some story about someone being shot. I will wait for those details before I comment, because the man who talking about that was the same fool who thinks it's okay to stroll in at any time just because one is travelling from far.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Time nowfi people understand two things - 1) people can't tek chances with the idiots out there. Construction sites are dangerous places and people have to do what they have to do to protect themselves and their investments, and 2) Jamaicans have to begin shedding the work ethic that has got us no where. If work starts at 4:30 am you do everything to get there on time, regardless where from where yuh might be travelling. And if yuh have a problem with it, then go back to your ganja farm!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And why is it that yuh can have a riot like this and no one is arrested? Joke bizniz!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>
      This is certainly different from 'going through the back'.

Based on your report - hit nuh luk lacka dem bredda deh waan wuk? Iffen a suh hit guh...fiyah dem r*&amp;^%#@$$ an gi man wah waan wuk di wuk!

Thank you, sah!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mi nuh know what's wrong wid some of our people. True, they couldn't keep up this foolishness overseas, and many of us tend to work harder in a foreign than a yard. There is a disconnect a yard.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

And as bad as tings are, there are many people in Jamaica who would move heaven and earth to get to work on time, whatever time! And dis is after tying out di cows and goats and leaving wifey happy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X