On the subject of transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the subject of transfers

Here are two cases for transfer. In Byron Lee case we may have never know this icon had his parent never made the wise decision. In the case of Thomas wish her luck on making the olympics team and the case can be made here that had she not got into one of the better programs she would just be seen as a second tier athlete.

"Lee was, in fact, born Byron St. Elmo Aloysius Ignatius Lee in Christiana, Manchester in 1935. He attended the Mt St Joseph's Academy in Mandeville. Strangely though, this was a girls' school, and the understanding, according to his son Byron Lee Jr, was that piano lessons were taught there and his parents were interested in him learning the art."

From "The Dragon before Soca"

"Edwin Allen Star eyes Olympic dream"

After dominating Western Champs while at Frome, Thomas had limited success at Champs with fourth place in the javelin and a final berth in the Class Three her best achievement.
    In 2010 in her first year at Edwin Allen, Thomas was a surprise winner of the Class One discus after teammate and favourite Sasha Gaye Marston failed to get into the final. She was also third in the shot and javelin.
    Thomas says moving to Edwin Allen and joining a solid core of throwers was the best thing for her.
    "At Frome I was the only thrower, not just the only girl. I was the only one there and so for the most parts I was coaching myself," she said.
    "At Edwin Allen, I had to wait my turn as there were all these top throwers... but we work well together and developed a healthy competition...," she also told the Sunday Observer.
    "Sasha Gaye was the big name there and I wanted to get to her level," she said.
    She had high praises for Marlon Gayle, Edwin Allen's throwing coach, saying he helped them with their school work as well.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1steaV0fr
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Are you suggesting that boys should be allowed to transfer to girl's schools if their career can benefit? If so, I can think of multiple benefits to that course and some significant downsides.

Please clarify your somewhat half-baked argument. We need the fully baked loaf
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

People need to transfer to wherever it is going to help their personal development. Byron Lee transfer to the school that would help his musical deveolpment and the rest is history. Manhy schools in Jamaica didn't have a music program so if transferring to girls school is the only way so be it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        People need to transfer to wherever it is going to help their personal development. Byron Lee transfer to the school that would help his musical deveolpment and the rest is history. Manhy schools in Jamaica didn't have a music program so if transferring to girls school is the only way so be it.
        LOL
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
        X