X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X, TDowl, Historian..et al....

Your opinion please.

Thanks in advance.

Paolo Nutini - 10/102/1/2010Check out this video for Paolo's latest single 10/10 - made using live footage from Paolo's successful year. Sign up now at http://www.paolonutini.com Sunny Side Up ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0TNMCmXJY
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Nice tune , proof Ska lives.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Got introduced to Paolo Natini ~ 3 years ago. He has 2 CD's i know about so far. (have them both). He has a wide range in sounds...but very entertaining and listenable.

Saw him in concert about a year ago.

HL

Comment

do you know of fidel nadal?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No..but I just checked him out!!

Very interesting. I will be checking him out much much more.

HL

Comment

Ska still lives, there is something about Ska that is so appealing to these guys and the people who produces advertisements.

I was at the UN last night at a concert for "The Transatlantic Slave Trade" and the band that came on before 3rd World was Chen Lo featured hip hop, but they have a Trumpet player who I think could easily play Ska.

Comment

Enjoyable Music!

Originally posted by HL View Post
              Your opinion please.

Thanks in advance.
              Paolo Nutini sounds in one or two places like a Rod Stewart trying to sing Jamaican music (lol), but I love it! I’ve never heard of him, but this “10/10” live recording is authentic ska, and it is enjoyable. The harmony and indeed the entire arrangement sounds like 1960s Jamaican ska with a more modern sound mix.

Thank you for posting this, HL. I will definitely be listening to other stuff by Nutini later tonight.

Comment

Without trying to be presumptuous...I think he has a Bob Marley 'tinge'. Fully agree with your Rod Stewart crooning too.

But this guy is a musician/writer. (You can't fake the funk)

As I mentioned above...he is quite listenable.

HL

Comment

Working...
                X