X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know the world coming to an end when

Jackie Chan to stop doing action movies

Jackie Chan

58 yr old Martial arts star Jackie Chan has confirmed his next film will be his last as an action star.
    Speaking at a press conference in Cannes to launch Chinese Zodiac, Chan told reporters that its his last big action movie.
    The film, due for release in December, is the third in Chan's Armour of God series.
    The first film was released in 1987 with Chan playing the Indiana Jones-style character Asian Hawk.
    Chan began his career as a stuntman working alongside idol Bruce Lee in the films Fist of Fury in 1972 and Enter The Dragon in 1973.
    H0e has appeared in more than 100 movies and does all his own stunts
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

what is he going to do now? romantic comedies?

wait deh ... HE IS 58????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think he was before Bruce Lee LOL.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Boss, you are funny!

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        what is he going to do now? romantic comedies?
        Gamma, you are funny as hell (lol)!

By the way, and on a slightly separate note, the stereotypes in the movie industry are quite obvious! In the case of Asian people in America, it is the martial arts. In the case of blacks, it is comedy. Even in action movies on television and on the big screen, the black actors are often portrayed in comedic roles (check the characters played by black actors like Will Lee, Ice Cube, Martin Lawrence, etc.).

Of course, I’m also aware of the serious roles played by outstanding black actors like Samuel L. Jackson and Morgan Freeman, to name just two.

Comment

Working...
        X