No one has developed an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one has developed an

Anti-Gravity device to date.. this PNP Administration cannot be accused of not attempting to defy the laws of physics..

Last Thursday, at a public forum, Kingsley Thomas, the conceptualiser of Highway 2000, said the origina of the highway was changed to take advantage of the high volume of traffic which goes through Bog Walk and Linstead.

Mr. Thomas, who resigned as chairman of the National Road Operating and Constructing Company (NROCC) effective February 19, disclosed that the four-lane highway will now run from Bushy Park, to the west of Angels Estate, go over the hills west of the Bog Walk gorge, and join the roundabout at Bog Walk. He said it will continue along the Linstead bypass which will be upgraded to four lanes (no toll) to Treadways where it will go around Mount Rosser through the mined-out bauxite lands to the west of Moneague (town) to join the Moneague to Golden Grove main road and then go on to Ocho Rios.

But Mr. Charles told The Gleaner yesterday that "the first <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">presentation</SPAN> (origina made much more sense to me than what they are trying to do (now)."

Mr. Thomas admitted that he, too, was not in agreement with the change in th of phase 2A of the highway when a representative of the Worthy Park sugar estate located in Lluidas Vale, St. Catherine, expressed concern about the change at the public forum.

The origina would have taken the development deeper into the farming areas of St. Catherine, closer to Worthy Park.

"They are doing all of that in order to extract money from the motorists rather than seeking additional development and put in a proper highway," argued Mr. Charles. "You have got to look 25 years down the line and that is no development for 25 years ahead of us."

I am trying to understand how these people think.. Gentlemen, we have highway to build.. how can we build it to generate the least amount of economic activity along the corridor ?

Karl and Jawge, if you cannot see that is MAD EFFING PEOPLE running the country making short-sighted SELFISH decisions that will and are negatively impacting generations of Jamaicans.. then you are just as EFFING MAD as them.

"Better we CREATE the problem and get back in so that we can then KARRECK IT...."

We need to end elections NOW.. every one we have sends the rabbid PNP Abomination into a frenzy.. creating more havoc for the country.. wi still nuh recover from 2002..

RE: No one has developed an

Maybe it's just that our priorities are skewed.

Take for instance, the Trelawny Stadium and the galaopening event yesterday (Sunday). Now,let me state that I'm for the building of stadia; in fact, I believe that there should be one ineach of Jamaica's parishes. But how do we rationalise the fact that we completed a stadium - arbitrarily so because some would contend that the complex is bereft of lights -and yet we left other things incomplete. To be precise, we left the road/highway between Trelawny and Montego Bay undone, while gloating on our achievement of the Trelawny stadium.

Looking farther East, the Yallas Bridge (or lack thereof) is but a political promise ever since the last devastating flash flood some 4 or 5 years ago. Continuing East and going North, Portland is a crumble of neglect.My last three visits to Portland were in 1992, 1996 and 2005.The Portland I sawin 1992 and 1996 was far removed from thewhat I saw in 2005.But I digress.

We seem to do things just to ''show face.'' How about long-term development and healthy upkeep? I think we need a change on the political landscape!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Maudib (3/12/2007)Mr. Thomas admitted that he, too, was not in agreement with the change in th of phase 2A of the highway when a representative of the Worthy Park sugar estate located in Lluidas Vale, St. Catherine, expressed concern about the change at the public forum.
      BTW - How many projects show shortsightness? Too many I am sure!

...but, are there any showing 'well thought out' andbeing in our long term interests? ...many...not many?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You must be a comedian.

There are MANY projects in Jamaica, successful ones that demonstrated long term thinking.

You think UDC was created in 1990 ? JAMPRO ? EX-IM Bank, Jamaica Mortgage Bank ? National Development Bank ? HEART ?

Kingston Waterfront, Ochi Rios, Montego Bay.. yuh tink dem just pop up out of the blue ?

I will send you Eddie resume in case you doubt this.

Look like seh you was asleep during the hey days of development...

Comment

Working...
        X