X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect Shabba Ranks

Shabba Ranks honoured at Sumfest

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rexton ‘Shabba Ranks’ Gordon was last night honoured on the Sumfest stage at the Catherine Hall Entertainment Complex in Montego Bay for his contribution to reggae and dancehall.

The award came after a blistering performance which showed vintage Shabba at his best.

For over one hour he went through his mega hits keeping the crowd on their feet.
    The award was presented to the deejay courtesy of culture minister Lisa Hanna.
    An emotional Shabba, after thanking the organisers, called his wife Michelle on stage to share in the moment.
    "She is the reason for my peace of mind and tranquility, she mek mi look so good, come to me baby,” he said as she joined him on stage.
    The family circle was complete when their two sons – Rexton Jr and Jahwon– joined them. There was no missing the note of pride in the deejay’s voice as he spoke of his children’s achievements.
    “Rex Jr, political science and law at Boston University and Jahwon, 98% average in chemistry, physics and maths!” was the announcement to shouts of approval. “That’s why I’ve been away a little while,” he said, addressing his long absence from Jamaica.
    The Ranks wasn’t finished yet as he encouraged fellow artistes to remember that they are a product of their environment. But the statement that connected the most was when he reminded that the ghetto can produce good things.
    “Not only gunshot can come out of the ghetto, I’m a natural proof of ghetto progress.”
    — Cecelia Campbell-Livingston

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...#ixzz21IZGWx9b
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

“Not only gunshot can come out of the ghetto, I’m a natural proof of ghetto progress.”
    Shabba!!!!!

Comment

jealous beenie

@ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=N8onnEItTCY

Comment

This, in particular, impressed me

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        The award was presented to the deejay courtesy of culture minister Lisa Hanna.

An emotional Shabba, after thanking the organisers, called his wife Michelle on stage to share in the moment.

"She is the reason for my peace of mind and tranquility, she mek mi look so good, come to me baby,” he said as she joined him on stage.

The family circle was complete when their two sons – Rexton Jr and Jahwon– joined them. There was no missing the note of pride in the deejay’s voice as he spoke of his children’s achievements.

“Rex Jr, political science and law at Boston University and Jahwon, 98% average in chemistry, physics and maths!” was the announcement to shouts of approval. “That’s why I’ve been away a little while,” he said, addressing his long absence from Jamaica.

The above has elevated my respect for Shabba. His attitude towards his family and education should serve as a resounding positive example to other celebrities, both Jamaican and foreign.

Comment

Not only celebs...all of us...

Comment

that is why I can't put all the youths inna the same bout. Big up to Shabba Ranks.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Still Shabba a no de first nor de last...cld give nuff more example...

Comment

mi know brethren. know a few and when you work at the Comm College level I worked you know that people lives can change and a little encouragement helps.

Comment

Shabba need fi go on tour & there is a big demand fi dancehall veterans. Yellowman is constantly on tour all over the world and his shows at clubs are always corked.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

<Shabba need fi go on tour>

doing that since the late 90s up to now

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      [/LEFT]

The above has elevated my respect for Shabba. His attitude towards his family and education should serve as a resounding positive example to other celebrities, both Jamaican and foreign.
                      What about his music?

Comment

Shabba hardly perform as he usually ask for a big wage and it turn off nuff promoters. He only does a few shows

Comment

Yu no hear him seh...dem waan give him $50 but him want $100?

Comment

yep, hear a few promoter said the same thing.

Comment

Shabba knows his value if dem say 75k im tek it.Good yute & worth every dime.

Im anuh crack ead like ninja ,DJ fi free or crack.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X