Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeezam peez....yahoo on USAIN BOLT

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic...le-murder.html

LONDON – One of Usain Bolt's closest friends is facing a trial on a double murder charge that has created a huge scandal in Jamaica.
    Recording artist Vybz Kartel has known Bolt for more than a decade and the pair has repeatedly gone on record to voice their admiration for each other’s abilities.
    Kartel hoped to travel to London to watch Bolt in action, but he remains in prison after being charged with the murders of businessman and music promoter Barrington Burton and suspected gang member Clive "Lizzard" Williams.
    [ Photos: VIPs at the Opening Ceremony ]
    "Vybz Kartel is my favorite artist," Bolt said in a recent documentary titled "Why Do Jamaicans Run So Fast." "He is a good lyricist. I listen to all his music. It is fun."
    Bolt's famous celebration where he arranges his arms into an "archer" pose is known as "To The World," a motto originally used by Kartel and his posse of musician friends who perform "dancehall" – a modern, fast-paced version of reggae.
    "It is a great feeling to know we share the same respect," Kartel said. "Usain Bolt is my favorite athlete and I have known him since high school. We are two Jamaicans who in our respective fields both reach the heights of greatness, yet to be surpassed. It is a good comparison."
    Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, has enjoyed great commercial success in Jamaica, and he enjoys a strong following in the United Kingdom and Canada. He has collaborated with leading stars such as Jay-Z, Eminem, Rihanna, Missy Elliott, Busta Rhymes, Lil' Wayne and Pitbull.
    [ Related: Usain Bolt thinks he can run a 9.4 and no faster ]
    However, his career and business interests – which include a range of soaps, shoes and his own brand of rum – have taken a hit due to his incarceration.
    Kartel was arrested in October for possession of marijuana, followed by charges of illegal possession of a firearm, murder and conspiracy to murder. Later that month, he was charged with the murders of Burton and Williams.
    While attempting to seek bail, Kartel was further charged with conspiracy and attempt to interfere with the course of justice. The trial for his drug charges was repeatedly postponed.
    Last week, the trial dates for his murder charges were set. He will appear in relation to the case of Burton on Oct. 29 and Williams on Nov. 5.
    Jamaica's Major Investigation Taskforce rarely comments on individual cases, but some information about the charge relating to Burton's death has emerged. It is alleged that in July of last year Kartel and other men conspired to murder Burton while he stood with friends on a street in the Kingston suburb of Portmore.
    [ Related: Opening Ceremony starts Games in the most perfect (and most British) way ]
    Police investigated Kartel’s lavish house in the exclusive development of Norbrook, then searched a property in another part of the city that had recently been damaged in a fire. Investigators were able to remove a computer hard drive, however, and Kartel was arrested soon after in relation to a body found at the site believed to be Williams.
    Bolt’s love of dancehall music is legendary in Jamaica and his coach Glen Mills asked him to scale back his partying ways several times over the past few years.
    The athlete has regularly attended dancehall parties hosted by Kartel in the Jamaican capital of Kingston but admitted that toning down his lifestyle was necessary to ensure continued success.

Lavish house in Norbrook? Nothing lavish about it and it was a rental...Kartel and To Di Worl' pose have nothing to do with each other...yuh ever see Kartel a do dance moves? Kiss teet...

Comment

Not Skeng's Fault

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      Lavish house in Norbrook? Nothing lavish about it and it was a rental...Kartel and To Di Worl' pose have nothing to do with each other...yuh ever see Kartel a do dance moves? Kiss teet...
      Brickie, Skeng D merely posted a news story from Yahoo. The inaccuracies, therefore, are the fault of Martin Rogers, the apparent source of this Yahoo piece.

Why the writer had to take this angle is beyond me, but I guess anything to sensationalize a story that ordinarily would hold little interest for the average Yahoo international readership.

Comment

Damn that is like saying me and Dennis Brown a friend.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not cussing di yute this time...cussing the reporter

Comment

Working...
          X