I love my job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my job!

So these two men came into the Store and said they had some fossils to ship..if I could do the packaging. I said yes, i would be happy to help.

Turned out they were archeologists. They had several artifacts dating back to the Pleistocene period.

One was the tusk of a juvenile Wooly Mommoth--Mammuthus Primigenius. The Mommoth was excavated from the permafrost tundra in Siberia. There were many other bones from dinosaurs and other animals from that period.

I love my job!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

You mean you bought that story?!!! Oh man.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That's what i was thinking!

Pleistocene period - HL, are you sure the man didn't mean Plasticine period? (Unnu remember plasticine, the modeling clay we used as children, that could be molded into, say, dinosaur bones?)

HL, I have in my possession, a deer paw print of Rudolph that the Smithsonian has agreed to buy off my hands. Can you arrange its careful shipment to Washington DC for me?

Please and thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

come like me have fi send my 5 year old come hang with you. His favorite show is Dinosaur Don and him know all the dinosaurs. LOL.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

WOOLY MAMMOTH SPOTTED IN RUSSIA!

By Frank Lake on February 11, 2012

[COLOR=#]18 Votes[/COLOR]

SIBERIA – A wooly mammoth has been spotted roaming the tundra of Siberia!
          The beast was spotted trudging acrosst icy waters in a sighting that proves woolly mammoths are not extinct after all.
          The animal – thought to have mostly died out roughly 4,000 years ago – was apparently filmed wading through a river in the freezing wilds of Siberia.
          The jaw-dropping sighting was confirmed by multiple witnesses, including a government-employed engineer last summer in the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug region of Siberia.
          The elephant-sized creature struggled against the racing water, then headed for the witnesses, who ran fast – and far. But not before snatching some hair samples along the mammoths’s route.
          Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia.
          The witnesses were reportedly in the area surveying for a planned road.
          Biologist Sandra Jangigian said: “Rumours of a handful of mammoths still kicking around in the vast wilderness of Siberia have been circulating for decades and occasionally sightings by locals have occurred. But this is a significant sighting that has been confirmed by mulitple sources.”
          “Siberia is an enormous territory and much of it remains completely unexplored and untouched by humans. “
          Woolly mammoths roamed the Earth 10,000 years ago during the last Ice Age.
          A small pocket remained on and around Wrangel Island, off the coast of Siberia, and these did not die out until 3,500 years ago.
          Ms. Jangigian added: ”It is highly possible that a number of species, extinct elsewhere, survive in the area.
          “If surviving woolly mammoths were found in Siberia, it could run against Russia’s plans to further develop and exploit the area’s considerable resources.
          “It would be potentially one of the greatest discoveries ever.”
          This may be one of the greatest discoveries of all time.

Comment

What yuh love? Wrapping up old bones?

How dat different from the butcher man? LoL

Comment

HL shipped it there!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Well, it is beyond the scope of this thread to mention the amount of money that the shipment was insured for. Plus. the name of the consignee.

The shippers were directed to my location--since we are well trained and certified in this type of packaging and shipping.

I love my job!

HL

Comment

Ah Willi..you disappoint me....HL is obviously excited about a very old piece of the earth's history - as I would - I actually have 2 fish fossils at home....and you compare that to chopping up meat? Ah well.....

Comment

"..it is beyond the scope of this thread to mention the amount of money that the shipment was insured for".

You are cracking me up now HL.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                      Ah Willi..you disappoint me....HL is obviously excited about a very old piece of the earth's history - as I would - I actually have 2 fish fossils at home....and you compare that to chopping up meat? Ah well.....
                      Exile, I received exactly 5 calls from the shippers after they left. They just wanted to be assured that all was right. They expressed their thanks for the excellent customer service.

HL

Comment

...this is public forum. Some things should remain private. you think i should name the shipper and consignee............?

HL

Comment

No boss...just how it was phrased...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            That's what i was thinking!

Pleistocene period - HL, are you sure the man didn't mean Plasticine period? (Unnu remember plasticine, the modeling clay we used as children, that could be molded into, say, dinosaur bones?)

HL, I have in my possession, a deer paw print of Rudolph that the Smithsonian has agreed to buy off my hands. Can you arrange its careful shipment to Washington DC for me?

Please and thanks!
                            Mosiah: I clearly recall and thoroughly enjoyed a class trip to a museum somewhere in St. Catherine. The museum had artifacts of the Arawak Indians. Is the museum still there? I would LOVE to visit (again) on my next trip to Jamaica.

HL

Comment

...i think it comes from a bad habit of writing technical papers (in a past life).

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X