Police Federation defends Sgt Llewellyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Federation defends Sgt Llewellyn

KINGSTON, Jamaica — The Police Federation has come out in defence of its member, Sergeant Jubert Llewellyn, who is currently involved in a corruption case.

Member of Parliament, Daryl Vaz has been charged with breaching Section 14(2) of the Corruption Prevention Act while Senior Superintendent James Forbes and businessman Bruce Bicknell are charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The Federation said it would not comment on the case but added that it is concerned about how the matter is playing out publicly.

Llewellyn ticketed Bicknell on April 9 in a traffic offence and alleged that the motor vehicle documents he presented contained $2000.

Bicknell was subsequently charged for bribery after which Vaz and Forbes got involved in the matter.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz24PV2CPN5

Defending him against what exactly?

Comment

While the big brass came out in support of SSP James Forbes.

So, what is happening here? I see a major crevasse developing between the rank and file and the top cops.

This is not good.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not sure what the issue is here...three are on trial for corruption...what is the issue with Llewellyn?

Comment

He is the cop who was allegedly bribed. What yuh not understanding?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What exactly is he being counseled about? Why does he need to be defended? Him charge wit something? Are his actions in question?

Comment

Which country yuh live inna?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have not heard anyone lashing out against Llewellyn publicly...so what is there to defend...

Comment

You talk to you police bredren dem?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Publicly...

Comment

He needs to be defended from the rest of the force. He is mashing up their dolly house. He is going to make the public less likely to give JCF officers money during shake downs. I am sure the JCF, not its leadership, but the majority of individual cops still want to shake down the public.
                      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

i suspect that there is much more in the mortar than the pestle .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeh, but Brick, what is wrong with members of his union coming out and publicly espousing their support for a member, in anticipation of the usual circling of waggons by the top brass of the police force, the criminal politicians, their criminal elements, and corrupt businessmen. It is a perfectly good strategy to establish the battle lines early and place the corrupt ones on notice, that there will be no backing down. I think Vaz suggested that he had the goods on the good sarg. If that if not a threat or intimidation, then what is it?.

Comment

Working...
                          X