Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Blunder in Empire State Shooting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYWgrHwrlf8

I am happy that they killed the gunman but I have concerns about they approached him. The two officers came in too close to each other and crossed path. The right handed officer was first to appear in the video with his gun drawn and his right arm extended. However the left handed officer ran into the line of fire of right handed officer and without his gun drawn. If you are challenging a suspect that you were just told had killed someone then I believe that you have the right and the reposonsibility to pull your weapon. Futhermore he could not see the right hand of the suspect. If you can't see a murder suspect hand then you are half dead.

The right handed officer moved to his right to maintain a clear line of sight but as soon as the gunman weapon became visible the left handed officer also moved to his right and back in the line of fire of the right handed officer. The right handed officer had to had move to his left to get a clear shot. It is a miracle that the right handed officer did not shoot the left handed office and it must have been difficult to both officers to get a good shot while moving.

Congrats NYPD but please retrain your officers how to approach a possible armed suspect.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Congrats NYPD but please retrain your officers how to approach a possible armed suspect.
    You caan be serious..... dem need retraining on how fi approach unarmed individuals as well and Amadou Diallo certainly learned a lesson from the NYPD.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
    X