Admit it, PNP, you can't handle the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admit it, PNP, you can't handle the job

He did one little thing with a big symbolism and the nation, never ever fully sold on the JLP and Golding, gave him little or absolutely no credit for what he did.
    Earning about $3 million less than what the present prime minister earns, Golding imposed on himself a 15-per cent pay cut and convinced his MPs to accept a 10-per cent pay cut. While he knew that the savings were relatively minimal in the bigger scheme of things, for a leader who wanted to demonstrate empathy to a nation of shell-shocked people, significant numbers of whom were joining the unemployment line, the symbolism was just, and the proper thing to do.
    Golding then sought from the PNP leader and her MPs the same 10-per cent pay cut that he had imposed on his JLP MPs. The leader of the PNP (who has never spoken for 10 minutes without commending herself for love for the poor) and the rest of the PNP MPs rejected the offer. So much for the love, the caring and the concerns of broad leadership in the PNP.
    Prior to the last election campaign, for the first time in about 20 years, the payback on domestic debt was made more manageable, the exchange rate was stable, inflation was kept in check, foreign money supply was adequate and lending rates were trending down. However, there was a big, nasty fly in the ointment.
    An IMF deal that was pending for too long.
    In the campaign, the PNP ridiculed the JLP government on its failure to seal the new IMF agreement, and the nation, largely packed with low-information voters, bought it hook, line and sinker. Incredibly, the PNP leader sold the nation a bill of goods by convincing the same low-information voters that the PNP could seal an IMF deal two weeks after a PNP win! Along with other negatives against the JLP, especially the fallout over the Dudus/Manatt matter, it was always going to be problematic for the JLP to win.
    The deal against the JLP was probably sealed when Prime Minister Andrew Holness told the nation from the JLP conference podium in November 2011 that the way ahead would be tough. Madness, this telling of the truth. At the same time, the PNP in ads were telling the nation and the PNP base of low-information voters that a vote for the PNP would be one to guarantee that "nice times would come back again".
    It has been close to one year and the PNP, highly discordant at times and with a leader who has opted for globetrotting and has put forward Finance Minister Peter Phillips in the fiery hot seat, they all cannot seem to deal with the fact that their last election campaign was filled with "pathologically mendacious" promises.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz27fvbbtQi
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

No wonder the termites gone into hiding. People now realize how stupid they were ... no scratch that ... how stupid they ARE.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

utter garbage...who writes this crap? I will tell you why this is nothing more than garbage and not worth the screen its on.
      1) A focus on one year out of the 5 that the JLP was in power
      2) This new PNP team is in its first year of administration. A more credible compaprison would be to compare the first years of both administartion
      3. Blaming the PNP or voters for JLP losing the election...thata's the dumbest hing I've ever heard...THe dudus cover up, failure to ink a new IMF deal, tough economic times, JLP announcing touhger times after 4 years trying at the job, the lies, ARROGANCE and FAILURE of JLP to LISTEN to the PEOPLE and have GOOD DSICUSSION about the plans of the people.
      ARROGANCE, STUPIDITY and LIES are what caused you to lose the elction. You didn't listen to the people and were too much of pricks to have conversation...hence what, the people listen to others who were talking...BALME THE JLP, yourselfs for losing the elction, not the PNP or the peoplle...GET you heads our of ur A>>SSS>>>SSes, stop being arrogant and accept hte blame.....How do you blame the same people you want to vote for you...utter rubbish I tell you....not even worth going on with the list

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
        utter garbage...who writes this crap? I will tell you why this is nothing more than garbage and not worth the screen its on.
        1) A focus on one year out of the 5 that the JLP was in power
        2) This new PNP team is in its first year of administration. A more credible compaprison would be to compare the first years of both administartion
        3. Blaming the PNP or voters for JLP losing the election...thata's the dumbest hing I've ever heard...THe dudus cover up, failure to ink a new IMF deal, tough economic times, JLP announcing touhger times after 4 years trying at the job, the lies, ARROGANCE and FAILURE of JLP to LISTEN to the PEOPLE and have GOOD DSICUSSION about the plans of the people.
        ARROGANCE, STUPIDITY and LIES are what caused you to lose the elction. You didn't listen to the people and were too much of pricks to have conversation...hence what, the people listen to others who were talking...BALME THE JLP, yourselfs for losing the elction, not the PNP or the peoplle...GET you heads our of ur A>>SSS>>>SSes, stop being arrogant and accept hte blame.....How do you blame the same people you want to vote for you...utter rubbish I tell you....not even worth going on with the list
        SkengD .. ah mean Plush ... the more yuh post a the more mi start to feel sorry for you.

I see like Mosiah and other PNP lackeys yuh trying to rewrite history. You need to stop the foolishness, was the JLP trying to ink a new IMF deal? The deal they had didn't expire when they left office.

Have good discussion? How many times the former PM and MOF addressed the nation about what the hurdles were? Well see it deh .... unuh hero now in charge and is facing the same hurdles.

I see the keywords still stuck with you bout Arrogant? If it wasn't so sad it would be amusing.

Comment

Tell us something that people dont know ,the PNP cant handle the job, ok whats the alternative?....lol

The truth hurts...lol
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Many people did NOT know it and are finding out now.

A lack of alternative will lead people to do what??? That is the question/problem.

Comment

You can't be serious. Have you listen to the IMF, the private sector and analysts. The fact is Peter and the PNP has so far produced no leadership and they knew we were in a financial crisis.

The PNP need to start lead and attack. What have they delivered on the financial front so far? Yes the JLP made mistakes but they also did a few good things. We are yet to see one good move by the PNP so far on the financial front when they promised in two weeks in election. And even after wining the election and in office for three months, everything Peter Phillips promised then he is bactracking on it.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

U seem to have skirted the main point of the article, which is the PNP record of leadership to date.

JLP is now irrelevant. It matters not what they did or continue to do for the present time.

What affects the price of sugar in Santa Cruz is the performance of the present GOJ.

Do you think they are up to snuff.

I had high hopes that they would see the crisis and step up to lead from the front, but they seem to be shrinking violets.

Are the people of Jam better off than last year this time?

Comment

OK then..time to call an election?

Comment

Nope...Time to form presssha groups and force dem to do their job!!!!

Time to get off the musical chair routine, which is what i have been saying from LONG time.

Yuh feel mi now?

Comment

Think about it, we have similar goals. I am not your problem, they are!

Comment

Read what Chris Zacca and Ralstan Hyman amongst others are saying and see if we can wait 5 years.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You had high hopes?....I must have been high none of them articulated a plan forward,it all came down to which lie sounded better.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Me an you X. LOL. I had low expectations for the new govt but bwoy them worse than I had imagined.

Absolutely ZERO vision or leadership from the PM.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I thought when people see dem back against the wall dem would wake up and fly right...

At dis rate when PNP get vote out, dem out for 20 years at least...

Clueless fi real.

Comment

Working...
                              X