No announcement yet.

obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the truth is Romney remains vague on substance but he was not called out by obama, that plus obama's body language...looking down when romney was talking to him and looking directly at him. that made me feel VERY uncomfortable.

to romney's credit he was confident and self assured with his blather. hope obama playing possum.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...hope obama playing possum
      LOL! Honestly, I think he just had an off night. It happens.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I can only wonder if Obama was tired or ill prepared.

You point out some important things right there. I will only add the constant "Romney and I" , all Romney did was shake his head to say yes and smile.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He may have been the more aggressive one but that's where it stops. Romney was without detail and substance. He's going to create jobs. From where? He won't rasie taxes so where will you get the money as you clearly stated the economy isn't performing. Let him continue with his buzz words and no specifics.

Money can't buy class; he is arrogant and rude. He has no respect for Jim leher (I guess Jim isn't a billionaire). He went as far as saying he would fire Jim (cutting PBS) Hey Mitt guess what? I still like big bird; you arrogant.....
          spend some money on good manners, etiquette and social graces.

Bam has to step up though, I understand he is not into talking for talk sake but Mitt may come off looking as he's really saying something. Go after him how will you raise money here and there? Defence? Oh the US is in any danger on my watch? Explain

One man mi see on here ah call di ting right so far still.

Comment

Big Bird, poor Jim: The online debate verdict

By The Associated Press | Associated Press – 2 hrs 44 mins ago

• Enlarge Photo
              Associated Press/Charlie Neibergall - Moderator Jim Lehrer addresses the audience before the first presidential debate at the University of Denver, Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012, in Denver. (AP Photo/Charlie Nei …morebergall) less

Social networks lit up Wednesday as users argued over who emerged as the key character from Wednesday's first president debate. The candidates? Forget it — most attention focused on moderator Jim Lehrer, or the cherished children's TV character Big Bird. Here are some of key online trends from the night:
            —BIG BIRD: As Republican Mitt Romney pledged to cut funding to PBS — adding, "I like PBS, I love Big Bird" — commenters on Twitter leaped to the defense of their favorite "Sesame Street" characters. Big Bird was a major Twitter trend throughout the night, while Oscar the Grouch and Bert and Ernie also featured. Twitter said that shortly after Romney's remarks, users were posting 17,000 tweets per minute mentioning Big Bird. A spoof Twitter account, (at)firedbigbird, quickly won thousands of followers, while others shared a jokey, doctored photo showing the character posing with a cardboard sign pleading for work.
            —JIM LEHRER: Viewers commenting online quickly turned on the performance of moderator Jim Lehrer, lambasting him as too lenient on candidates who were eager to push the limits of their allotted speaking slots. Some compared Lehrer with the replacement officials called up during the strike by National Football League referees. Poor Jim trended as a phrase worldwide, while one user of the website Reddit described him as having been "steamrollered" by the candidates.
            —ZINGERS: Viewers were waiting for Romney's prepared "zingers," questioning whether the Republican's rehearsed lines would be punchy or well-delivered. As debate raged on whether Romney's "Big Bird" line qualified, the candidate took aim at President Barack Obama during an exchange on education: "Mr. President, you're entitled to your own airplane and your own house, but not to your own facts," Romney said. Users on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit gave a mixed verdict: Some thought the line was a home run, others said the jab fell flat.
            —47 PERCENT: In the build-up to the debate, viewers online urged Obama to raise the hidden-camera video in which Romney was seen discussing the "47 percent" of Americans he said didn't pay taxes and saw themselves as victims. Afterwards, some took to social networks to criticize Obama for a missed opportunity, while others saw the move as a crafty tactic on the president's part — likely making many of Romney's prepared responses redundant.
            —LAPEL BADGE: In the opening stages of the debate, social media users pondered aloud about an apparent dark blemish on Romney's lapel pin, speculating that it was a Republican elephant or even a tribute to Americans killed in last month's attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. There was an online sigh of recognition as it was confirmed that the dark spot was in fact the Secret Service logo, a star.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

His arrogance knows no bounds.

Comment

Working...
              X