X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Jamaicans making a difference in Tourism

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...business1.html

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...business3.html
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good Post, Boss!

Good/Timely Post, ‘Sass.

I smiled as I read these two news features in the Gleaner this morning. We rarely hear about the many Jamaicans who are doing positive things (in every sense of the word) to sustain and indeed improve our tourism industry.

I still maintain, though, that the average Jamaican doesn’t realize the value of tourism and its tremendous growth across the globe. As a matter of fact, its importance is seen in the fact that even Caribbean countries that have traditionally ignored tourism (for example, Trinidad & Tobago and Guyana) are now jumping full steam on to the tourism bandwagon.

In addition, until crime is reduced to the level of say, a Barbados or a St. Vincent, our tourism product will continue to fail to realize its full potential.

Of course, an over-reliance on any single industry is a recipe for possible disaster, but when all is said and done, we need to bring the crime monster under control and expand the tourism setting. We also need to work hard at non-traditional markets, like sports tourism and religious tourism.

Our leaders talk and talk and talk, but they still fail to do the f_ucking walk.

End Note: Edmund Bartlett is sorely missed!!!

Comment

She added: "I'm a two-year person..."

Comment

"In addition, until crime is reduced to the level of say, a Barbados or a St. Vincent, our tourism product will continue to fail to realize its full potential."

I still believe the touts, tugs and untrained people within the industry do more damage but I guess we can include them as by product of our violent society.

You know how many people coming off the port or out their hotel gates and turn back? As the tugs start to rush them? There is nothing wrong with growing tourism. We have to find other ways of growing the other industries too. With proper government support growing tourism will grow farming, manufacturing and craft industries to name a few.

When will sports etc. be a reality? There is no plan. Babsy said she had a plan, all now she nuh publish it and I haven't even heard of a talk from the current ministers involve.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          "In addition, until crime is reduced to the level of say, a Barbados or a St. Vincent, our tourism product will continue to fail to realize its full potential."

I still believe the touts, tugs and untrained people within the industry do more damage but I guess we can include them as by product of our violent society.

You know how many people coming off the port or out their hotel gates and turn back? As the tugs start to rush them? There is nothing wrong with growing tourism. We have to find other ways of growing the other industries too. With proper government support growing tourism will grow farming, manufacturing and craft industries to name a few.

When will sports etc. be a reality? There is no plan. Babsy said she had a plan, all now she nuh publish it and I haven't even heard of a talk from the current ministers involve.
          Tugs are at the cruise ports?

Seems very appropriate to me
          Last edited by Don1; October 9, 2012, 03:07 PM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
          X