Bahamas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bahamas

Is Bahamas in the middle of an elections campaign?
    Peter R

More like an election campaign in the middle of the Bahamas...Abaco Island...by election. Abaco is the island where pop start Aaliyah died in a plane crash some years ago...beautiful unspoilt place...one of the best beaches in the world...

Bahamas Sets By-Election Date for Former PM’s North Abaco Seat

September 19, 2012 | 9:17 am | Print

Above: Former Bahamian Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham
    By the Caribbean Journal staff
    The Bahamas has set Oct. 15 as the date of the by-election for the North Abaco seat, the constituency of former Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham, who is retiring from politics.
    The election was announced through a statement from the Minister with responsibility for Parliamentary Registration and Elections has advised Governor General Sir Arthur Foulkes to issue a writ of election for the seat.
    The nomination of candidates for the seat will occur on Sept. 26.
    Although Ingraham won the election for North Abaco in May, he announced his plan to vacate the seat after his then-ruling Free National Movement party lost the Bahamas’ May 7 elections to the Progressive Liberal Party and current Prime Minister Perry Christie.
    He was first elected to the Bahamas’ House of Assembly in 1977, and served three times as the country’s Prime Minister.

Comment

They just had generals 6 months ago!

Comment

I missed that... my bad especially as an old school mate of mine is involved heavily in the politics... just goes to show that I'm not keeping in touch as I should or could...

Exile, thanks for the update.
        Peter R

Comment

Working...
        X