The politics of Jamaica - the divide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The politics of Jamaica - the divide.

It is now so painfully obvious that we will not get forward once we continue this self-flagellation. Even politicians, probably the lowest on the moralistic ladder are our people too. Hortical summed it well when he said "...the only country Jamaica probably does not have a trade surplus has got to be the Fauklands". That is the crux of our problem. While we continue to fight PNP vs. Labour, other countries are getting in and do what they do best with guerilla marketing, takeovers, and providing jobs (read 'management')for their people. Yes, and as Mosiah ponders, the monies go back to their respective countries.

So another election is a round the corner and we will expect the supporters on both sides to say how stupid those are in power and vice versa. We have missed the point completely. Jamaicans must start to do what's best for Jamaica if it means stop contributing to this political divide mindset. Most of the people on this board have had the 'luxury' of education, opportunity to express views daily but yet we focus on the negativity. Yes, I know we can't bury our collective heads in the sand, but maybe just maybe we can away with some of the solutions for our woes. Get involved in the process - at all levels. I know some are already doing so. Sitting on the fence as "I told you so" will not help anymore. Let's also shut out the 'background noise' - those that just seek to cause strife.

Bob Rastaman Vibration:

"..just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean, make way for the positive day..."

Have a positive day all,

RE: The politics of Jamaica - the divide.

<DIV>Good post, Exile! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Did you say gorilla marketing? </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Exile (3/26/2007)It is now so painfully obvious that we will not get forward once we continue this self-flagellation. Even politicians, probably the lowest on the moralistic ladder are our people too. Hortical summed it well when he said "...the only country Jamaica probably does not have a trade surplus has got to be the Fauklands". That is the crux of our problem. While we continue to fight PNP vs. Labour, other countries are getting in and do what they do best with guerilla marketing, takeovers, and providing jobs (read 'management')for their people. Yes, and as Mosiah ponders, the monies go back to their respective countries.

So another election is a round the corner and we will expect the supporters on both sides to say how stupid those are in power and vice versa. We have missed the point completely. Jamaicans must start to do what's best for Jamaica if it means stop contributing to this political divide mindset. Most of the people on this board have had the 'luxury' of education, opportunity to express views daily but yet we focus on the negativity. Yes, I know we can't bury our collective heads in the sand, but maybe just maybe we can away with some of the solutions for our woes. Get involved in the process - at all levels. I know some are already doing so. Sitting on the fence as "I told you so" will not help anymore. Let's also shut out the 'background noise' - those that just seek to cause strife.

Bob Rastaman Vibration:

"..just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean, make way for the positive day..."

Have a positive day all,

What I cannot understand is how we all can discuss American politics, some refer to Bush as a dunce etc, but it isn't seen as democrats vs republicans. The same way we can discuss American politics, we must can discuss Jamaica politics ... Right? You and Shatta and the rest may see it as a divide. Unuh can hide behind that smokescreen. The fact is after the next election our country will be led by a PM that is the leader of the PNP or the JLP.

Are our leaders beyond critcism? Whenever they are criticised unuh all get defensive. Well ... who waan vex .... vex. The reality is based on the gross mismanagement by this administration we are where we are. At one point our GDP / capita was within a $5000- $6000 range with the top countries. Today .. sorry, as of 2006;

Bahamas - U$17843
      Barbados - U$15,720
      St. Kitts - U$12,702 (They were way behind us at one point)
      T&amp;T - U$12182
      Guyana - U$4,439
      Jamaica - U$4,163.

Wait ... Singapore that used our economic model has a benchmark .. U$28,077.

In order fi cure a cancer patient the tumor has to be dealt with. Suh you can preach bout what is best for Jamaica, this data along with othersprove that this administration is a cancer to our economy. You talk of negativity? What yuh must ask is if it is reality.

"They will never change, that why I have to burn dem!" (Capelton).

I read in the T&amp;T Guardian where they're trying to provide daycare service .... what our gov't doing?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Wasn't addressing you boss...yu very defensive...I not in this group thing...

Comment

Defensive? Have no idea what that is .. talk to Karl and Jawge bout dat. Lazie simply keep it real.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
          X