Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voted. Long lines...

Took 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Huge turnout. Appears even larger than 2008. I would think that favours President Obama.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

usually a large turnout does NOT favour the incumbent.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Just referencing my precinct -
      However my district has a history of voting overwhelmingly Republican.

It appeared to me that in my precinct most voters where minorities.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/oct/...-early-voting/

'Our' job will be to close the margin Republicans usually carry.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph...lections,_2012

There have been changes to the district as my precinct was formerly in the 16th Congressional District.

Unfortunately my current rep is West...I am thinking this is man who has lost his marbles!!!! I voted for Patrick Murphy!!!
      Last edited by Karl; October 29, 2012, 03:25 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True, but if your support base is with young people and minorities.....large turnout means your base is turning out.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Re: Base turnout
          Appears so...but include nuff-nuff middle-age and ole people tuh!

Comment

no if your support base is among non traditional voters then it might sway .....

suh iman, poll this and poll that, you think we might get a "bradley effect" election?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

suh whey yuh sey? still inconclusive?

Comment

Yes...but fingers and toes crossed

Comment

But that's what Hispanics, young people, etc are, non traditional. Especially compared to Tea Party types who ALWAYS vote.

2008 i was worried about a Bradley effect but it didn't happen so I can't really see why it would happen this time. I think those looking for a reason to vote against Obama have the economy as a legitimate excuse to use so I think they are accounted for.

The thing I look at most in the polls are the trends that they all show even when they don't agree. For example not all polls show Romney winning but they all showed him making gains after the first debate.

Similarly all the major polls show Obama in a better position when all registered voters are included than when only "likely voters" are included, so that suggests to me that turnout is the key, the higher the better for Obama.
                  Last edited by Islandman; October 29, 2012, 03:56 PM.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

...plus more democrats are on the rolls! Suh wi hout-numba di republican dem!

Comment

so Re: the huge turnout, your opinion is ..... fingers and toes crossed that favours President Obama?

Comment

i think those looking for a reason to vote against Obama have the economy as a legitimate excuse to use so I think they are accounted for.

not sure i understand that ...... i cannot think that ANYONE who is looking for a reason not to vote for Obama is overly concerned with the economy such that that would be the reason they vote aganst him or for romney. those who do not want him in are turning out and a significant percentage of that is simpley because they do not want him .... not policies or anything.

e.g. tell me how romney's trickle down helps poor white people, in particular in particular rednecks? they do not and will never move in romneys circle but .....

Comment

popular vote .... but is electoral vote a dweet.

Comment

I was referring to the Bradley effect, say you will vote Dem but vote Rep because the Dem is black. Why say you are going to vote D today if you dont plan to, when the economy provides a legitimate excuse to vote against the incumbent.

I think 2008 was an environment more likely produce the Bradley effect against Obama than 2012 I think.
                            Last edited by Islandman; October 29, 2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

race! race! racists!
                              Many do not wish to be identified as such...so anything to hang hat on to run from the real cause...failure to look in the mirror and confront - I am a racist. I am reluctant to keep the blackman in the Whitehouse!

Comment

Working...
                              X