MdmeX is back - I could write a book on Sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MdmeX is back - I could write a book on Sandy

Still cleaning out, had over 2 feet of water in the basement - but mighty Thanful! Some of my neighbors had over 7 feet of water.

I saw cars swimming on my streets.

In my 19 years of living in the same house, first time I ever had flooding. Sandy only brought light rain and heavy winds, but bwoy did she "lift har skirts"!

Hope other massives ok.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

glad to know you are ok. It must have been scary. Only hope the fam. in Jamaica is ok too as your side get it bad there as well.

Whey TDowl?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Haven't heard from him. But he lives a few streets from me, and people I know on his side got hit hard.
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

hope he is doing ok.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Glad to have you back.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Give thanks.

Comment

wow... mdmex glad to know you are alright...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Blessings!
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Start the book..

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK!
                    Never dreamt that your area or TDowl's would have had any problems...
                    That storm surge must have been something?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes Karl - there was really no rain.
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Battery Park
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Good to hear you are back!
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks for the shout out Sass, 7 ft of sea water got mi, just got back power(bun jps too), so I am back to the surface ...

Comment

Yes, I hear your side was hard hit! I had little below 3', but some folks on my street had 5' and 7'. In my enclave, we never lost electricity.

Thanks to Jah - we are alive!!
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X