X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Saw hints at doing gospel, quitting dancehall

Lady Saw hints at doing gospel, quitting dancehall

1:29 pm, Mon November 12, 2012

Singjay Lady Saw may be quitting dancehall and opting to do gospel instead.
    The artiste has been hinting about the change via social media and revealed that her recent relationship woes with husband Lloyd ‘John John’ James, have affected not only her spirituality but her music as well.
    The Queen of the Dancehall, known for her raunchy, in-your-face lyrics, posted on Twitter and Facebook that she’s been contemplating baptism and may even quit dancehall.
    She had revealed earlier that her non-recording in recent months was a deliberate move in her transition to gospel. This is what Lady Saw said in a recent post:
    “To all record producers, the reason why I didn’t record your songs from nine months ago until now is cuz of what I’ve been experiencing, u get it….I have some shows to do that I already get paid for so after that I am out. 'Heels on Raw' will be my last Lady Saw song, then gospel.”
    Recent drama within her tumultuous relationship with her boyfriend of 17 years and prominent producer, Lloyd ‘John John’ James (who is now her husband) is said to be the catalyst for this change.
    Lady Saw found out last month that he had yet again gotten another woman pregnant and was trying to figure out how to handle the situation
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Lady Saw hints at doing gospel, quitting dancehall

1:29 pm, Mon November 12, 2012

Singjay Lady Saw may be quitting dancehall and opting to do gospel instead.
    The artiste has been hinting about the change via social media and revealed that her recent relationship woes with husband Lloyd ‘John John’ James, have affected not only her spirituality but her music as well.
    The Queen of the Dancehall, known for her raunchy, in-your-face lyrics, posted on Twitter and Facebook that she’s been contemplating baptism and may even quit dancehall.
    She had revealed earlier that her non-recording in recent months was a deliberate move in her transition to gospel. This is what Lady Saw said in a recent post:
    “To all record producers, the reason why I didn’t record your songs from nine months ago until now is cuz of what I’ve been experiencing, u get it….I have some shows to do that I already get paid for so after that I am out. 'Heels on Raw' will be my last Lady Saw song, then gospel.”
    Recent drama within her tumultuous relationship with her boyfriend of 17 years and prominent producer, Lloyd ‘John John’ James (who is now her husband) is said to be the catalyst for this change.
    Lady Saw found out last month that he had yet again gotten another woman pregnant and was trying to figure out how to handle the situation
    Come on now Saw .... run whey di bwoy and keep the music coming.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I always have some reservations when these artistes and even regular people turn to God ONLY when they go through personal hardships. Based on her songs, she turns all ways and "bend up inna S" when she's in the bedroom in order to please her man. Obviously, that's not enough for "John John".
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

lady saw is a real artist, I think she would have been a comedian if she wanted to.

Sorry to hear about her and John John but a so the thing go.

Nothing last forever and she had a long run. Where is Patra??
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lady Saw has under achieved in her career. She sings too much junk & music that limits her ability.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Like many others. Plus the fact that the table not level for female artistes
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yes Lawd

Nuh Want Nuh Belly Rub A Dub Because A Backshot Mi Love
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hd_z8NtNZE

Live at Jumbies, St Thomas US Virgin Islands
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm8WW...eature=related

Comment

Lady saw is the consummate performer and was the female answer to King Yellowman, Echo, Bennie and the early Stichie...she had a HUGE following as she was able to express and communicate to her fans all that was considered taboo about sex and relationships in our twisted hypocritical Jamaican society.

I know for a fact many would publicly disown her but secretly listen and enjoy her music. I've seen her perform live a few times and she was always good. Recently, she has struggled with many issues including parenthood and in relationships and I guess she has grown older as well....

I think because of her niche marketing she didn't do as well as a recording artist but certainly was our top female performer for a long time. Her attempts at country music and ballad really didn't impress me....

Lady Saw is unique.

Comment

Lady Saw also did some good songs. I saw her perform a two segment show and the first was regular and if forced many other than her regular fans to listen but when she went back to the slackness part I couls see some people walking out. LOL.

Part of Lady Saw problem was she was signed to VP record. She was one of the first artist signed to it but then came along Wayne Wonder and Sean Paul and her albums took a back seat to them, been postpone a few things and Lady Saw thinks it didn't get the push it should.

Chris Chin wanted here to stay and do it again but she then pulled and without any major label backing her.

Still a good artist, she just have to cut a little of the slackness and be a mainstream performer and she will get a lot of concerts. Wish her all the best in her struggles.

Comment

Her recent albums showed a lack of creativity and you couldn't pay me to buy them. It did not help her career that she was managed by her sister, and her best days are behind her.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Totally agree.

Comment

I don't know the details of her management but I would not be presumptuous enough to write her off.

Comment

Working...
                        X