Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Port Maria

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ife/life1.html
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

back to back wikid licks..
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

yeah sad. I notice Port Maria never flood before the new road. I remember the people telling the "engineers" that the way they build the bridge in the town it was going to cause flooding.

Sad fi real
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That's what the people claim.

Port Maria is a place I spent a lot of time during the early 70's. I have witnessed heavy rain there, but never flooding.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

yeah. Could be a nice little tourist town. The schene coming into that town from Ochi is amazing, it also have a little island on the back road.
          The old bridge in the middle of the town never had a problem. but after you come over the bridge there is a dip and courts and a lot of business place is right there. I don't know how they going to fix it but maybe they should have listen to the people.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That river is below sea level, the bridge is too narrow.

Comment

yeah Bridge is too low so the water can't flow under when it comes down, the bridge just turn it inna the town.

Comment

I am mindful of the comments of the Govt. woman that declaring areas in Jamaica disaster would somehow affect the image of the country.My feeling is such a declaration has to be made in order to ensure prompt,adequate spending by the Govt in oder to rectify the many devastations caused by the hurricane,otherwise it will be left to some MP and parish council.
                Govt should financially support the people of Port Maria,and fix the root cause of the overspill.

Comment

Working...
                X