RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romney: I should have offered them fried chicken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney: I should have offered them fried chicken!

<A href="http://www.facebook.com/dailycurrant" target=_blank>Romney: ‘I Should Have Offered Them Fried Chicken’

Nov. 16, 2012

Defeated presidential candidate Mitt Romney claimed today he could have won last week's election had his campaign offered black voters government-funded fried chicken.
    Earlier this week Romney told a group of Republican donors on a conference call that president Obama had won reelection because he offered government "gifts" to young people, Latinos, and blacks.
    Today CNN obtained an extended audio recording of that call in which Romney goes even further:
    "I've spent the last few days wondering what I should have done differently. Maybe I should have been less hostile to immigration? Maybe I should have embraced fewer anti-woman positions?"
    "But after a long reflection, I've decided my most important mistake is not matching the Obama campaign's efforts to give away free stuff to blacks and Latinos."
    "I should have made a promise to the Afro-American community, for example. If you vote Republican, your fingers will always be covered in grease. I'm sure a $200 gift certificate to Popeyes or KFC could have won those people over. I don't know why we didn't think of that."
    "And we could have done the same thing to Latinos with El Pollo Loco and Taco Bell. If I could have just gotten 35% of the minority vote, I would have won the election."
    Believe in (White) America
    Romney dismisses the idea that his party should tone down its nativist, racially charged rhetoric on immigration and welfare. Rather, he explains that while white voters must be convinced by a candidate's competence, minority voters are different:
    "The Afro-American and Latino communities only understand one thing - handouts. You can't talk to them about issues or policy. Goes right over their heads. They only speak the language of 'gimmie more, gimmie more.' "
    Although welfare programs go against his philosophy of self-reliance, Romney wishes he had made more such promises to minorities:
    "Aside from my education, my first job, and money to start my own business - no one ever gave me damn thing. So it pains me to see Americans dependent on others."
    "But a fried-chicken giveaway could have made me president. I regret not making that happen. It was my failure, and mine alone

</DIV>
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Time, what is the URL for the article?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yuh like create excitement
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Bogus story that was not from a credible source.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

This is fake?
          Right?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Time, what is the URL for the article?
            http://dailycurrant.com/2012/11/16/r...fried-chicken/
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              This is fake?
              Right?
              What did Obama offer you?
              http://dailycurrant.com/2012/11/16/r...fried-chicken/

Comment

Working...
              X