Inmate Labor = Big Profits in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inmate Labor = Big Profits in America

Lots of jobs here in America, starting at $1/hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...SzoJFkTA8&NR=1
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

It is not unusual for me to be on the roads and see the Dept. of Corrections van--and inmates cleaning the side of the roads. I support this.

One of the many aspects i like about my community is it's cleanliness. Part of it is due to prison labor.

Jamaica as a tourist destination should use prison labor to clean the sides of the road. Prison labor should be used for Islandwide beautification projects. Prisoners would benefit from skills learned in Horticulture and a small stipend.

I support this US initiative. If you don't want to go to prison...don't do the crime--'specially if you know that you are black and predisposed to unfair outcome of the law.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

This is a sanitized, Norman Rockwell type view of the odious Prison Industrial Complex operated by the US... representative of many behind the Mason Dixon line
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I have no issue with prisoners doing some productive work behind bars.
        Frequently, the private prison industry has become big advocates & have lobbied for mandatory minimum sentences which provides a huge labor supply.
        Last edited by Hortical; December 10, 2012, 05:37 PM.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

s/b..."huge CHEAP labor supply".

Capitalism...gotta love it.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
          X