RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should take the blame for the millions lost by the UDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should take the blame for the millions lost by the UDC?

Lazie and Sass, step up to this one if you can.

Why did the JLP government force the UDC to construct the Mobay Convention Centre and the Falmouth Pier at a loss?

Take your time. Wi have 17 more years!

(Sorry, Gamma, but I had to go there.)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The Pier will pay for itself over the long run. It already saving our tourism.

The convention center, either they get on their bicycle and sell it or it will be another white elephant. If they can sell it, but so far the convention center hasn't really been used in the ways it can be used. Yeah Bartlett have to take some of the blame so far.

I am not into building things just because they look good. UDC or the government are part owner of the pier so in the long run as long as ship comes it is an asset.

I hope you are also ready to address the other loss making entities run by the government. Are you?

I can name many.
    Last edited by Assasin; December 13, 2012, 11:52 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

lol ! woiee !

UDC was castrated from the 1970's (examine what they did prior and subsequent)... man ah talk bout Convention Center and Pier contruction loss ??

I find your commentary on certain matters suspiciously bent..

Comment

Oh really!? The UDC will be profitting from the Pier?

Ok, that is good news!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The UDC might not but Jamaica will. The government of Jamaica is part owner and they will be getting tax. It might be a lost to UDC but the money is going into the government coffer.

THE FALMOUTH PIER IS BENEFICAL TO JAMAICA. Can't deny that.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was talking about the UDC.

Thanks for your response!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well the government can give back UDC the money, or the UDC should have made sure it got paid.

I am all about building stuff that is profitable and earning income.

Are you suggesting that the port should be financed by outsiders? or the shipping company should own 100%? So far it has been profitable. If UDC build it and spend their cash, why are they not a part of the ownership structure?

These are the things UDC need to ask themselves, I know the Port Authority is part owner.
              Last edited by Assasin; December 13, 2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X