Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JLPNP Tivolis ???

lol !! Woiee !

Downtown Kingston Development would have provided more than enough Economic Stimulus and opportunity to eliminate the negative potential of Urban 'Garrisons'.. what you would end up with is staunch Middle Class 'Garrisons'...

Is fool unnuh fool or what ?
    Last edited by Muadib; January 9, 2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

He was instrumental in facilitating the modernization of the stock exhange in 1968/69. He did not create it. I am talking to people who were there and owned Jamaican stocks before you were born. Easy on your bad-mind rhetoric.

Comment

<The Most Honourable Edward Seaga former Prime Minister of Jamaica receive his Citation presented by Mrs. Marlene Street Forrest, General Manager
        of the JSE, at the 4th Jamaica Stock Exchange Conference on investment and the Capital Market, which was held at the Rose Hall Resort in Montego
        Bay. The Jamaica Stock Exchange honoured Mr. Seaga for his outstanding contribution to the Exchanges development and as a founding father of the
        Exchange.>

Now.. what is your point.. why yuh have yuh panties in a bunch ?

Stop fixate.. di list long like woah ! Both sides agree his contribution to Nation Building will probably be unmatched...

If unnuh did give him di 5 Terms him deserve unnuh coulda move back and cock up unnuh foot and a sip latte by the Harbour...

Comment

Well bogus list nuh fool mi

Seaga did some good work no doubt....unfortunately his penchant for tribalism, division and fostering of violence makes him a net negative for Jamaica...Period
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Seaga is the Godfather of Garrison kulcha which is the fountain of Jamaica's crime problem..... no amount of tribal yappin or wishful thinking can wipe dat away

But nuhbaddy nah tap yuh fram worship dat DayWalkin Vampiya...yuh free

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

His most impactful "Downtown Kingston Development" is to be found in West Kingston.... case closed

Comment

What is bogus about the list ???

Comment

You are remarkably parochial in your 'thinking' when it comes to certain topics..

Comment

If you ignore Ocean Blvd...

Comment

Ben that list includes many items not created by Seaga!!! ...some merely are name changes.

...but 1 that stands out in my mind is the claim that Seaga formed or created Jamaica Citizens Bank. That as far as I remember was not of his doing. I cannot remember any GOJ funds or Seaga's private funds being ploughed into the formation of that bank.

I remember the first CEO being Elon Beckford [formerly of Jamaica National Building Society...and some time later Horizon Bank (?)...Horizon Merchant Bank(?)]. Elon and I enteracted a bit during those years while we (my siblings and Father) owned Zenith Printing Services...in fact we (Elon and I) had casual discussions about my going to work for 1 of the banks - my memory cannot tell which it was)...

Just cannot recall Seaga or GOJ funds having anything to do with either of those banks/finacial entities????

If I am wrong and Seaga ploughed his money into ...or GOJ funds was used to seed then please point me to the info. ...and forgive as many years have passed.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Stap attack di list.. unless yuh tink is a conspiracy... find your canditate for Nation Builder and print him list mek wi compare..

simple..

Comment

Well they didn't say there were any GOJ funds involved...just that he had something to do with its formation at the first Jamaican majority-owned bank in the 60s when he was Min of Finance.

My first job after UWI was at Jamaica Citizens Bank, Elon Beckford was still there and LOJ were majority owners. Can't recall Seaga's name coming up as one of the founding fathers.

It eventually got FINSACed along with Horizon and a bunch of others into Union Bank.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Ocean Boulevard has had more of a national...strike dat...international impact than Edward Seaga Boulevard??

Mek mi si...the former is known nationally for its so called "high rise buildings" and the latter is internationally infamous for the various low lifes it has spawned

Fitting testimony to Seaga's distinctly checkered achievements

Comment

Working...
                            X