Wicked find!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked find!!!!!!!

I was looking up on the operation of old sugar windmills and how they operate and found this incredible website colonialfilm.uk.org

A treasure trove to @##@#
    It has every single country in the Old empire just click Jamaica and all kind of old films from back in the day!

I can't connect to that page... says page not found, and I cut and pasted your link.
    Peter R

Comment

s/b colonialfilm.org.uk ... will check it out later.
      Peter R

Comment

Sorry, check it out, some real interesting stuff. Especially the one on the windmill in barbados, the last remnant of the old system. Backra pon horseback and Bajans toiling with sugar cane on them back.

Comment

Informative...thanks
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

This is certainly a find, Trains, Churchill, over looking Mo Bay, Bouge having oysters on tree, T&T Contingent in England...I have to review it again, also to use on Lucea-Online.

Comment

Basically reclaiming our own history which we did not realize actually existed on film.

Funny it seems so long ago in feel but both of my grandfathers were alive for every single film listed in the Jamaican catalogue and I knew both of my grandfathers very well. When you see this stuff you realize how much we have lost with JBC losing all their archive material over the years.

I wonder if someone actually has that stacked in a room in their house somewhere or it was just negligence that led to the stuff being junked over the years?

Comment

Great find fi real! I am enjoying watching and hearing the "sound tracks"...
                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                X