• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Omi old news?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCxLJhWO8wM

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Old news in what way?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, I know sometimes it takes a while for North America to catch on to what's hot in Jamaica. (Sometimes it's true the other way around.) He's getting some critical reviews in Jamaica suggesting he's the next big thing. Not sure his name is a household one in the dancehall, however, and that may be important.

For me, Cheerleader is an excellent chune. The music is refreshing and original. He has a few more out there, but this is the one getting the airplay at the moment.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Well, I know sometimes it takes a while for North America to catch on to what's hot in Jamaica. (Sometimes it's true the other way around.) He's getting some critical reviews in Jamaica suggesting he's the next big thing. Not sure his name is a household one in the dancehall, however, and that may be important.

For me, Cheerleader is an excellent chune. The music is refreshing and original. He has a few more out there, but this is the one getting the airplay at the moment.
        I don't know if it is popular elsewhere. I only listen to FAME FM and its on that station I've heard it played. Agree with you though, its a nice tune.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
        X