• Show
Clear All

• 'Storyteller' has tales to tell

'Storyteller' has tales to tell

Published: Friday | February 1, 2013 0 Comments

Richard 'Storyteller' Morrison - Ian Allen/ Photographer

Richard 'Storyteller' Morrison - Ian Allen/ Photographer

1 2 >

The man whose extradition triggered a near five-year diplomatic impasse between Jamaica and the United States arrived in the island yesterday after spending 23 years in prison in the United States.
    After being locked away in Jamaica in 1990, before being extradited under questionable circumstances in 1991, Richard 'Storyteller' Morrison spent much of yesterday being processed at Harman Barracks before he was whisked away to the Denham Town Police Station.

Then late evening, clad in full white, and grey-haired, 'Storyteller' was finally released into the long-waiting arms of his smiling mother and a small group of mainly family members and close friends.

Storyteller spent the next hour with a Gleaner news team. See more in The Sunday Gleaner.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Who him
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

JA gangster who was a big story in the 90s because his extradition was not handled properly.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

i think he features in laurie gunst's book too

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          i think he features in laurie gunst's book too
          I know about the broken treaty but why? Why broke the rules to get him?

He was extradited while an appeal was pending. Why did Jamaica want him out of Jamaica so bad? Why broke the rules to get him?

The US charged him with a different crime than the one for which he was extradited. Why broke the rules to get him?

He said that a US judge told him that his country did not care about him and the US would not care about the treaty. Why broke the rules to get him?

He said that a US judge who had no authority to deny his appeal weny ahead and denied his appeal. Why broke the rules to get him?
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
            I know about the broken treaty but why? Why broke the rules to get him?

He was extradited while an appeal was pending. Why did Jamaica want him out of Jamaica so bad? Why broke the rules to get him?

The US charged him with a different crime than the one for which he was extradited. Why broke the rules to get him?

He said that a US judge told him that his country did not care about him and the US would not care about the treaty. Why broke the rules to get him?

He said that a US judge who had no authority to deny his appeal weny ahead and denied his appeal. Why broke the rules to get him?
            Why broke the rules of English so fragrantly?
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
              Why broke the rules of English so fragrantly?
              Lol - I wrote it once then used copy and paste to insert it multiple times.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I just hope he stays out of criminal activities and that no one tries to 'get even'!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X