Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucretia Seh 'Olness His...

a henemy of di state...she soon lock him up like Pearnell

Brickie you notice the hypocrite them???? Make this was said by any JLP leader and see how the forum lite up.

Because of Portia we must let it go without comment because "we know Portia already"

How can the Prime Minister in her right mind call the opposition leader "enemy of the state"?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

She did not call him an enemy of the state. Did you hear the actual comment?!

However, I agree there was no need for her to even ask the question.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This is the only report I have seen, but if it is not a direct reference it can't be too far.

Simpson Miller must rein in her temper – JLP

Friday, February 01, 2013 | 4:30 PM

KINGSTON, Jamaica - The Nationalist Patriotic Movement an arm of the Opposition Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) has called on Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller to rein in her temper and speak about matters of national importance.

Simpson Miller in a recent speech made statements that referred to JLP leader Andrew Holness and equated him to an “enemy of the state” the NPM said in a statement Friday

“The Prime Minister’s statement is dangerous and we have serious concerns that she has either lost control of herself or is grossly misguided,” NPM president Junior Maxwell said.
        Maxwell argued that the Prime Minister should instead seek to inform the nation on matters that affect it, “such as the escalating price of basic food supplies, the sliding dollar and the targeting of our young women by criminals for rape and murder.”
        “We hope that the Prime Minister will quickly get hold of herself and her government and fulfil the role that she was elected to perform. Her role is not to vilify and tarnish the reputation of other elected officials, who disagree with her, but to lift up the country and guide us on the right path to economic growth and development,” added Maxwell.
        According to Maxwell, he is certain that the Opposition will not be muzzled or intimated by the tactics of the Simpson Miller led administration and he called on the JLP to fearlessly protect the rights of Jamaicans.
        At the same time another group, calling itself Citizens Action for Principle and Integrity (CAPI) said that it was concerned about the tone and content of the statement made by the Prime Minister describing it as “inciting, most egregious and disrespectful of the Leader of the Opposition a creature the Constitution”.
        “I listened to a report where the Prime Minister was in St Ann addressing a town hall meeting and referred to the Leader of the Opposition as an enemy of the state, I don’t believe such language and labeling will move the nation forward. This type of language should attract the strongest condemnation from all stakeholders of civil society,” said Dennis Meadows former JLP senator and co-convenor of the group.
        “Politicians need to move past the culture of personal attacks and focus on how to make the country better for everyone,” Meadows said adding that no office has more power to lead this charge than that of the Prime Minister.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2JhalFK6s
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Basically she asked Holness to declare if he is the Opposition leader or an enemy of the state.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Yuh fi stop tek partisan utterings as gospel!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no Mosiah. In any form that is not prime minister like and in now way whether asking or calling the opposition an enemy of state a light thing. Earlier they called him unpatriotic.

Again no JLP leader could get away with that you and others would be all over them talking about arrogant etc.

Comment

Portia didn't elect herself so what does it say about the so called 'sophisticated electorate'?
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh so right....and before PSM dem elect one lying ediat who hitch himself an im future to an international criminal. Dat neva werk out suh well

Bout sophisticated electorate...Go figure
                    Last edited by Don1; February 2, 2013, 10:44 AM.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Eventide massacre,and Roy McGan(sp)?

Comment

My point is the state gets away with murder literally(Manley soldiers murdering the youths from South..),the touchy feelings of either leaders because of the comment of the other leader is of no interest to me.

Comment

Picking the perceived lesser of two evils is still picking evil,ascribing to that raises the same concerns we have with the sophisticated electorate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                            Picking the perceived lesser of two evils is still picking evil,ascribing to that raises the same concerns we have with the sophisticated electorate.
                            Who in your mind is doing this "picking"? Not moi perchance?
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

It's funny to see the hypocrites so subdued...

Comment

Working...
                              X